Saturday, March 13, 2010

Is my luck changing :)


I found these three four-leaf clovers today at the park with J & D!!!
I was amazed and immediately thought of my Aunt Cynthia and how she could always find a four-leaf clover in the a few moments in a clover patch that I had been staring at for an hour!!! Some sweet memories. The only other time I remembered finding more than one four leafed clover was when my Uncle died unexpectedly and I was helping take care of the boys and distracting them and we spent hours looking at the clovers! We all found one or two four leafed clovers!


We have been having the busiest weekend and my sweet hubs is feeling out of sorts with a head cold. He is a good sport so he has been keeping up with our six year old godson who has been with us all weekend. I sure love that boy and we have done more laughing over the past 48 hours that the whole past week. Some really just funny moments and then some that we just had to laugh because we could not believe that those words just came out of his mouth!!! Nothing bad, but just not something that we would expect OUR six year old to say, kwim? Good thing his parents are used to his ways!!! We decided that this kid could be the next best salesman! He will try to convince you need something or to do something for him and will just not quit! It has actually been quite humorous to see him become suprised that he doesn't get his way. Oh, yeah, I did not know how much a six year old growing boy could EAT! He is a BOTTOTMLESS PIT!!

We wore him out today taking walks and then going to the park! I have gotten a taste of 'parenting' a young child, not a baby and I couldn't get it out of my mind that this is what it would be like to foster. His mom says she teaches him his prayers, etc. But the poor child could not make the sign of the cross and does not know any prayers. We were a little suprised, sadly. The awesome thing is that he now knows how to do the sign of the cross and almost has the meal blessing down pat. Amazing. He is very open to prayer, praise GOD!

I will leave you all with a picture of him passed out last night with Rascal and Baylie. oh, by the way - she is worn out too! Daisy is used to this song and dance and has her way of coming around when she wants and hiding when he is too active!




Oh, we decided to go to Disney since I was able to get off!!! We can't wait!!!
We get to go with two of our best friends and their families! It will be such a blessing! It is great because we have not been talking about IF and only chatting about Disney and travelling. Now we will just have to hope that P arrives at a good time when we can take advantage of the day of opportunity! There were a few changes with the cycle review that was done on Thursday so we are really trying the best that we can! Give it our all ;)

4 comments:

  1. Yes! Your luck is changing!

    My husband is the king of finding four leaf clovers. He found one on our wedding day (the day before St. Patty’s) and gave it to me. He keeps them all in the big family bible (not the everyday Bible) on the page with Proverbs 31:10 (the ideal wife).

    I’m so excited about you going to WDW. We went in 2007 and I had way more fun as an adult than I ever did as a kid. That place is truly magical and you and J deserve a great vacation!

    Cute little guy. Don’t worry, he’ll get that sign of the cross down pat. It helps (when they're learning) if they do it looking in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great time in Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!! So happy you guys are going to get to Disney. What a well-deserved distractive vacation!! Enjoy and be sure buy some Mickey Ears for your future munchkin.

    (AMAZING about those 4 leaf clovers....I've never found one.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool that you found the 4-leaf clover! :)

    I'm excited about your upcoming trip! Sounds like it will be so much fun. My family went once when I was about 3 before my parents got divorced, but I don't remember much. A couple of years ago my husband and I took a spur-of-the-moment trip to Disney, just the two of us, and it was great! I know you will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete