Sunday, January 17, 2010

Relaxed

I am so happy to report that I am finally feeling relaxed. You can see it in my face. There are no worries right now. My work week left alot to be desired last week and when work is not going well, it wears me down and the days seem to drag on. I was so very happy to be having a three day weekend.
It was actually pretty great timing cycle wise. I was so distraught from the disharmony at work that I was concerned that all of that stress would delay my peak day. I tried to just let it all go, laugh it off, etc because I already had so much invested in this cycle. Those worries may have been unnecessary because the next I have had great signs that things might be on time in regard to the peak day.
This is my first cycle on the antibiotic meds to help promote healthy cm and it is working beyond what I could have imagined.
In the words of Sew, it was definitely sent straight from heaven ;)
Woo hoo! What a suprise, finally got the opportunity to follow doctor's orders ;)
In other news, my abdomen is so very sore and it has been this way for the last three days. For awhile I was staying sick and having bowel problems. I couldn't figure out if it was the Reliv that I started taking again or the antibiotics bc it all started at the same time. Without the re.liv I have not been running back and forth to the ladies room as often but my stomach is not feeling likes its typical self. I kept feeling really bloated and decided maybe some Ga.s.x would help and it did offer some relief, but this is not a common problem for me. Really strange.
In other news, we got to have some fun with some friends of ours this weekend to watch a football game and we all cooked. It was fun to not be thinking of what I am missing, but just enjoying what the day had to offer.
I have been bombarded with alot (I mean, alot) of baby news and I am just so bewildered how some families can be abundant in numbers and we are so open to life and have been for 9+ years and still we strive for the same end!
The other day I read in a journal that "A child's life begins at conception and everyday that it lives had been determined by God. They are only here for the time that God appoints them for and for a specific purpose." It went on to say that whether they are present in this life for a few days, weeks, months . . . they were still only brought into being for a grand purpose by God and they are still a gift."
I knew all of this, but it just breathed new life into my soul and once again I was so very thankful for the honor of being Sam and Nicky's mommy.
I have been battling a lot of fears, but I am remainng hopeful.
My heart is in awe at God's generousity over watching two of my blog buddies become instant mommies and living out their vocation so beautifully well! I have already mentioned a congratulations to AYWH and now I am extending that to include LifeHopes! What a beautiful family of three! My heart is overflowing in gratefulness for you all! A huge congratulations also goes out to Sew who, along with her hubbie, is now licensed for FC! Those two are going to love so many hearts and be loved in return. What an honor to care for those precious souls! Prayers abound for you all!

In mass today, I spent a great deal of prayer time in thanksgiving for those sweet babies and their new forever families and then I prayed some desperate prayers for all of us still waiting to make that crossover into mommyland! It is not a race, I will keep my eyes on the prize but I will rejoice with all of the 'winners' who cross the 'finish (beginning) line". Celebrating their joy, gaining hope from their experience, and wait as well as I can as I run foward!

4 comments:

  1. Lots going on-glad I checked in! I am sorry to hear about the stomach issues and even more sorry I don't have much to offer. I do love that amox, and if you think it is that you might try a probiotic if you aren't on one already. it can never hurt. :) I love your beautiful reflection you quoted-thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound in such good spirits despite the trials around you. Relaxed and filled with peace.

    Best to you this cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hope in you. :)

    As for the stomach issues, I wonder if it is the metformin and the antibiotics together. When I was taking doxycycline and metformin I would get so sick for a couple days and then it would go away. Have you tried some probiotics? You can get them at a pharmacy, we like florastor or at a health food store.

    My favorite stomach medicine is malox. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a nice weekend except for your tummy issues. I just hate it when my stomach dooesn't feel well. I hope you're feeling better by now :) I have been praying for you often. I have been thinking about you a lot a was wondering how you're doing. It sounds like you're trying to be positive amongst all the good news you have been hearing. I know how hard it is to hear all those announcements while you're still waiting and it just breaks my heart!!!!

    Many prayers,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete