Saturday, January 2, 2010

Answered prayers

One day in December I was washing clothes and thinking about Amber's answered prayers being answered with a pregnancy and for some reason I was absolutely called with great force by God to pray specifically for AYWH. All I can say is that it was a gift of the spirit to be asked to pray for her and her motherhood. I prayed my heart out all day in little ways throughout the day and offered up all of my suffering for her, Ryan, and the will of God to be completed in their family. It was a particularly dark time for me and I offered up all of my anxiety, fear, and worries up for their family. It felt like it was really the first time I prayed for someone else to have a baby BEFORE me. I asked God to take away her suffering.

Looking back on that day and the days that followed, I am just amazed that this is what God was working on, he was working on how he was going to get K's daughter to her and R's home!!!!!!!! I can't help but be thankful that God allowed me to pray specifically for this family to grow.
K, congratulations!

3 comments:

  1. Oh thank you so much!!! I remember you saying that at the time and I was so humbled. I am so grateful for your prayers and it amazes how God works like that to place one of us on another's heart. And I can only imagine the value of those prayers based on your suffering. I know when I'm at my lowest I try to do the same for others because the pain is so deep, it must be worth a lot! I will offer up any anxiety I have in the coming days for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! The Body of Christ at work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes and YOU will be one of the first to meet the little one! (I'm a tad jealous:) he he)

    It is such an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete