Thursday, April 9, 2009

Update

I got back home from retreat yesterday and was SO excited to see my husband! We had some wonderful time visiting and I was able to cook him a meal, serve him, and just talk! It is so funny to get so excited to hug and kiss your spouse! I was so happy when he got home from work and I even made a special desert for him. Banana pudding :) He loves it, I don't. What a sacrifice! Anyway, I think my peak day was yesterday which would be just perfect if God will allow new life to be nestled into my life giving womb. I was open and God's will be done! Although, I did tell God earlier today that I am still goining to ask him for a baby and by gosh, it is time to wake up and bring me one! Keep in mind that a priest told me earlier that I don't need to go piously to the throne of God and say "Well, if it is you will for me to have a baby, please give me one." Instead, he instructed me to "Go forth, tell God what you want! Be bold, explain to him that you have been waiting a long time and you are still wanting one! Wake God up!" It sounds comical now, but to be honest, the whole retreat I was trying to surrender my desire to have children and this was my answer that God is not done with me yet and that my desire to be a mother to children here on earth is not selfish, but life giving and in my giving my self to my husband I am giving him the gift of Christ! There is more to come and I am reading an amazing book that I found on retreat by Kimberly Hahn about Love and Marriage, for the life of me I can't think of the exact title, but I will share it with you all later. There are so many parts of it that just make me stop and love my God, my faith, the Church, and my husband even more!
Well, for now, I am going to head out. I get to go have lunch with my Mom today! Yeah!
Just a reminder from a calm Jesuit priest - Go to God, Wake him up! I am clinging to this!
I just have a peace that I will be pregnant one day! Only God knows when!

5 comments:

  1. It's Life Giving Love! Great book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what a wonderful and uplifting post today. :) By the sound of your voice, I can tell that you had a wonderful retreat and got some much needed answers. :) Good for you!

    Let me tell you hon, I know exactly what it is like to get so excited about your husband coming home. In fact just today, I told Scott that I couldn't wait until he got home just to see him. My tummy still gets all gushy inside when I think of him. :) And those kisses he gives me makes the world stop turning! :)

    I pray so much about having a child and what all that means to me and how I know that our family would glorify the Lord in so many ways. Sometimes I think God gets tired of hearing me ask for the same thing over and over again. It is certainly in my daily prayers to continue to get affirmation that my womb will be opened and life will be created there and born from it. Oh how I so want to experience all there is to pregnancy and childbirth. I am so happy that God has given you this amazing hope. I desperately want for him to tell me in some obvious way that I too will have my hearts desire. You are such a wonderful christian and am so glad that our lives have come together here as bloggers.

    You are such an inspiration to me. I will have to get a copy of that book. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had such a great time away. Yes, it's always so nice to come back together after any time apart. I hate being away from my hubby!

    I want to thank you so much for the very king comment you left on my last post. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your prayers and words of encouragement. Thanks for being such a blessing to me and others! Praying for you too. Thanks for the reminder that we can boldly go to the Lord! I love to read the prayers of David for good examples of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously that should be "kind" comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you found peace and advice on your retreat. It sounds like you had a good time and a great experience. I like that priest's advice!

    P.S. My husband loves banana pudding and I'm not much of a fan either! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete