Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Good Times, sick, and cycle news

We had a fabulous weekend in Baton Rouge. We did not have to spend too much time in New Orleans which did not bother us too much. We left early Thursday evening and made our way to a hotel that was perfect for us! It was brand new, clean, and had the best linens. Can you tell that I am particular? We enjoyed Friday and took a long nap at the hotel after we returned from New Orleans and then we went to visit our friends and their three little ones. We were bombarded with love and pure excitement! The met us outside as soon as we pulled up and Mal had been waiting for her Aunt C and Uncle J all day! The time spent there was phenomenal and always so affirming in how much we want to have a houseful of kids in our lives. The next day we shopped and I finally found me some great shoes and tall jeans. I even found some great bermuda shorts which actually work great for my height. J had a fantastic time going to Cabela's. After that we headed back to the hotel for another luxurious nap :) The it was off to our friends again! But another one of our friends decided to bring her mom and 3 kids to BR for the night so it was like having a huge party. There were six kids under six all taking turns on Uncle J's lap. Our little godson is getting so big and we enjoyed not only spoiling him, but his two amazing sisters. My friend kept saying it was like Christmas to have all of her special people near her. It was just what my soul needed. Despite J and I spending so much time with friends, we still had some great alone time and it was really great to reconnect away from home and all the stress that comes along with being grown up and trying to conceive!!! What fun!
Unfortunately on Monday around 11 am, I started feeling like I was coming down with something. I had a sore throat, headache, and fever. I was also coughing. I was not sick around the kids, I must have picked up something bc 3 of them were dealing with getting over a cold. So I managed to make it through the day and then came home crabby and sick. I went to bed early and then woke up with high fever and had to take two tylenol and then put cold washclothes on my head and neck for the fever to break! I was miserable. I woke up feeling slightly better, but still had a sore throat and cough. I went into work and could barely speak loud enough for others to hear me and kept coughing. So I ended up staying late to finish the deposit so that I could take a sick day tomorrow. The bad thing is that it is my turn to host the pokino party for the month and I moved it up early one week bc of holy week and then I had to move it up one day earlier bc we were given two tickets to a pro-life banquet. I really think we were called to go to this event bc their were several benefactors who offered us tickets to their table. The tickets help raise funds but cost a whopping $50 a piece. I am not too sure about the keynote speaker, but I will go in with an open mind. So how terrible am I to use a sick day that I don't usually get to use to rest and get better and that way I will be able to fininsh out the week well and be healthy for my retreat next week and the upcoming Easter holidays. I really wanted to make it to mass on Sunday, but I could not get out of bed early enough. Maybe I was already getting sick. So now I am so upset that I miss Mass. I hate when I do this and it weighs on my concious so much.
On a totally different note, my two favorite morning radio hosts are no longer on klove for some reason. I hope they are ok.
In cycle news, I am on cd 11. I took clomid on days 4-8. I started taking the fertile cm again yesteray on cd 10. So far so good. I am unsure if being given clomid at this stage in the game is a good sign or a sign that I not getting any better. I don't know why I am questioning this, but I am. What I do know is that God is in control and he is taking care of me!
God blessings to you all! It sure seems that God is moving in some amazing ways in all of your lives!!! I am so excited for all the good things going on in your lives! Prayers to you all!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an absolutely amazing time with your friends. What a wonderful gift that God gives us in friendship. :) Each time Scott and I are near family or friends with little ones, it totally reaffirms my desire to be a mother. You and your husband are going to be some of the best parents ever! :)

    Sorry to hear that you have been sick, my prayers are with you. It certainly is no fun, especially knowing that you have Easter and some special events planned for the upcoming days.

    Rest assure my dear that God is there with you and no matter what medications you may be on or what questions you have, He loves you and is preparing you for so many wonderful blessings.

    Hugs and blessings always,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful, renewing trip. But I am sorry you were not feeling well. I hope that by now you are on the upswing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had so much fun! I didn't realize they had Cabela's in Louisiana. My hubby and I LOVE that store! (He's from Nebraska where the store first started.) We always end up spending way too much money when we're there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you, I hope you're feeling okay. Haven't heard from you in a while so just checking up on ya.

    ReplyDelete