Saturday, March 14, 2009

Charting Slacker!!!

I hate to admit this but I have not charted since day cd 24 and it is now cd 29. Now, I lost my stickers. You might wonder how in the heck I did this. It is simple. I put my charts in my bag that I bring to work so that I could use them to look at when I talked to the nurse. The reason I had to call the nurse on cd 25 was because I was still having signs of fertile cm and I had quit taking the fertile cm meds on the day 22 bc I thought the meds were making my body produce too much cm and I wondered if I missed my peak day. So then when the nurse and I finally connected over the phone, the imput she gave me was not so helpful. I explained that I had been having peak type mucus from cd 12 to the day I was talking with her. I explained about stopping the fertile cm meds to see if it would change and all she was "We will see what happens. Since you were unable to pinpoint the right peak day, you won't be able to use the hcg injections or do a blood draw." That was it. "Just wait and see." I was a little disappointed in the response I got. I thought they could tell me why I had such a long mucus patch. After that, I just kept putting of charting and just brought the charts home and left them out and I can't find the stickers to catch up. By the way, there were times in the cycle I would think that I would have a peak day and be able to use a green baby sticker for the next day to bring me another white baby stamp. Anyway, so that is where I am cycle wise. I kept getting moments of feeling crampy and then it passes. No signs of AF yet, but it is only day 29 and I don't know what my body will do without the hcg. I am not sad, I just wish that a new cycle would start so that I can have a new beginning and have a game plan for what to do. I know that I read that others take the vitamin b6 extended release on only certain days of their cycle and I was instructed to take it daily. I don't mean to sound unfaithful, but I don't really feel any signs of being pregnant. Although it would be pretty amazing. I will be okay if it is not time yet. I told my dh a few days ago that I will try very hard not to break down this month. I will not. Maybe if I keep giving myself these pep talks it will WORK!!!
Anyway, overall things are going well in my life right now. We did our marathon shopping at sam.s and walmar.t supercenter. The walton family got a pretty big portion of our paycheck this week. I have not been feeling like stopping at the grocery store during the week, so we got really low on a lots of things.
Last week I got a few medals from a local catholic bookstore the other day (they were only fifty cents each) and I had them blessed and I plan to wear a different one each day. I don't wear a lot of jewelry anymore so I attached them to some ribbon and plan to just wear them in a modest way where I am the only one who knows I am wearing them. I have one of St. Anne, Our Lady of Guadalupe, The Infant Jesus, and the Holy Family. I gave my husband the St. Joseph medal. He was excited about it. He has been so very kind to me lately and made me a delicious dinner. I do have one of the sweetest husband. Everyone keeps talking about reaping the benefits of being a surrendered wife. I must tell you that my hubby was a little shocked when I made a point to stop pointing him in the righ direction (e.g. being bossy) and so far it seems to be bringing me some fruitful rewards :) I have tried the surrendered part with the finances and it is a work in progress. We will see. There are some other ideas I have been practicing that are working! I am sew glad sew shared it with me.
I am looking foward to mass tomorrow. I have been so renewed with the holy Eucharist lately and so many spiritual truths that I am just amazed at God's great love for me in the midst of carrying this cross.
On a funnier note, at wal.mart today I saw the cutest newborn dresses. The infant dept was right by the food section and I was so drawn to them. I told my husband "I want a baby. " No big revelation. I can't wait to be able to clothe my baby and have that beautiful baby scent on me all the time. I guess what got my mind going that way was because I spent some time with a dear friend of mine on Friday and her little girl who is 8 1/2 months old. Little Gianna was adopted at 2 days old. She was born nine months to the day of them turning in their profile/scrapbook to their agency. It was on St. Therese's feast day that my friend proclaimed that she was "officially expecting" and nine months later on July 1, little Gianna was born. After I let their house, I smelled like Gianna all afternoon. It was WONDERFUL!!! I think if must be the best smell in the world. My only other favorite smell is chrism oil that is used for the sacraments of initiation!!! That is a smell that lingers and I LOVE it.
Hope you all have a restful sunday! May God's greatest blessings find their way to you all!

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a practitioner? If so, if I were, I would call her to have a follow up to go over your chart. It is important to have your chart managed when you are doing post peak support.
    Glad your DH is being great to you, I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fjiej, I do have one, but she stays so busy (raising her six children who range from 1- 19 years old) and she does not do this with any one else. I have not seen her for f/u in over a year. She only taught us bc she knew how sick I was. I need to talk with her about this though. Thanks for your suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you slacker! just joking!


    How far are you guys from Carencro? We try to go to the Tridentine Mass on Sundays at 1pm. It's really great to reconnet with the traditional Mass! I think you guys would love it!

    oh they have SUCH cute clothes at the stores for infants right now! You are just so drawn to them!
    I'm with ya there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit...I've been a chart slacker too! It's so hard to remember sometimes what happened when so I try not to do that. Oh well...sometimes getting to bed on time seems to be more important. :)

    ReplyDelete