Thursday, March 5, 2009

Triplets, Blessings and weird conversations

Today, I feel like a brand new person emotionally. I woke up feeling great and even had a fun day at work. I know, am I the same person?
I was at my desk today and this sweet priest who had been on retreat for the past week came by to give me a hug and kiss before he left and said he would be praying for me and that I would not be driven crazy by all of the nutty people I have to work with everyday. At first, I thought that the priest I work with told him that J and I were praying for babies. It turned out that the priest I worked with had not told him and the other gentleman on retreat, but before they left, he sure did. It sure is funny that he pulled this on me today and not two days ago when I would have just busted out crying. Well, the priest that had just kissed me turned right back around came back to me in all humility and gave me the most beautiful, silent blessing and touched me on my forehead as he did so. I was so humbled. Talk about asking special favors from God. Then, the priest I work with told me maybe you need to visit and rub hands with this man over here. I knew this man's name, but I knew nothing of his background. Both priests proceed to tell me that he is the father of triplets and that when his wife was pregnant the doctors only told them that there were twins. That is what they prepared for, twins ran in both sides of the family. Well, when his wife went to deliver and both babies were born, they were suprised that another little one was going to be born that day too. Two girls and a boy (now 7). The father of the triplets said they were later blessed with another boy. He is a principal at a catholic high school and told me to go drink some of the water from the school bc a coach at the school had twins shortly after the triplets were born. I told him "i would be knocking down doors at that high school to get to the water fountain if that was all it took for me to get pregnant!!!!" So funny. There was a few other discussions about some other intimate things and I told my husband of the converstation tonight and told him that I must be the only woman I know who can laugh and joke about sex with two priests and a married man at a retreat center. None of it was crude, just life-affirming. I must say, I did not even blush. I am still laughing about how they mentioned the suprise of the last child. I just keep wondering if one day, I will be suprised in such a way. By the way, the father of four told me, I will pray for you to get pregnant, but I will never pray that God will give you three babies at once, it is just too hard.
Now, here is the funny thing - I have had the pleasure of working with two sets of triplets and one set of quads and in all cases - the parents were absolutely amazing!!!! I have never seen parents so in tune with their children and routine like they were. All were conceived through IVF and all of the parents were blown away with 3 babies. Keep in mind, the man who talked with me today and his wife used no forms of repoductive assistance for their triplets. One couple told me "Man, the odds were unimaginable that we would have 3, we really should have bought a lottery ticket that day!" May God bless all parents as well as all of us desiring to be trusted with that vocation!

5 comments:

  1. That's a really cool story. I'm glad that you were able to find some people to talk to about all this stuff. By the way, if you want send me an email cdfenter@swbell.net and I'll send you my cell #.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always shocked by what no longer embarrasses me! I used to cover my ears when my sisters talked about their cycles as teenagers, and now I'm telling anyone who will listen!!

    What a beautiful thing to receive that blessing. That would have put me in a great mood! I love receiving them and it's even better when unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Sorry it has been so long, but am glad to be able to take a little time and catch up on some blogs. Things around here have been a little crazy.

    What a wonderful post, I am so glad that emotionally you are doing better. Those days are so precious!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you send me some of that water?

    Cool story and to get that blessing even better! :)

    What a great work environment you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you're feeling better. What a blessing to get the silent blessing!

    ReplyDelete