Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Life Update, Road trip, and Cycle News

Well, overall, life has been very busy, but manageable. We will be making a trip to New Orleans this week for a second closing on Road Home money being given to us because of Hurricane Rita. I tell you one storm that has caused so much havoc over 3 ½ years ago is still being brought to the surface for us. We really had to fight to get any of the Federal dollars allocated to LA families who lost their homes or had severely damaged homes from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. We just had our first meeting to close just days before Hurricanes Gustav and Ike barreled LA and then Texas in 2008. Both storms came within days of each other, so once we returned home from evacuating for Gustav (Gov. Bobby Jindal made a mandatory evacuation effective in a lot of LA parishes making it the largest evacuation for LA) we were planning our next evacuation for Ike. Throw in a mother who just found out she had cancer, a major surgery in Omaha on the Monday following Ike’s landfall and having no one to take care of Daisy (our cat), we just packed up as many people as would fit in our Trailblazer, along with the cat, of course, and made our way to the closest available hotel. One in Little Rock, AR. My in-laws followed us and we got them a room too. So do you think I was stressed for my second surgery? In a real way, I don’t feel like I was bc I was so ready to get it done and to feel better once and for all.
Here I am today, on cd 5, and since my cd 1 was on Sat. I had to wait until Monday to speak with the nurse from PPVI. She called back on Monday and said she will talk with the doctor for his plans and get back with me on Tuesday. Tuesday was a crazy day for me at work and I have to work nearly 12 ½ hours, greet and help with an Lenten Evening of Reflection on GRIEF!! Right up my alley. We had about 80 people from all over the diocese that came in. It was really nice to hug strangers and show Christ’s love to them when they shared with me intimate stories about those loved ones they missed. Well, anyway, back to cycle news. I get a phone call in the middle of getting everything ready for my cycle review. Overall, the doctor is pleased with my progress. It turned out my peak day was day 25. Really late, but it has been around this time since I started the vit b6 and fertile cm. The nurse then told me that the doctor wants to continue me on all of the same meds, but that he does wish to add one more. He wants to start me on clomid 50 mg and I had to start taking it today. It was cd 4 and they usually want us to start it on cd3-7, but this time I need to do it cd 4-8. Ok, so at first I am petrified and then excited. Talk about a full range of emotions. I call my husband and he is fired up that it looks like we might actually have a shot. Then I read reviews of the meds and got both petrified and excited once again. Well, I took my first pill last night and did not sleep great. I woke up at 345 am restless and uncomfortable, hot then cold. I don’t really know what to expect, but I will say that I am hopeful. Here is the other kicker, though, I finally managed to plan a retreat for myself at a wonderful retreat center on mon-wed of holy week. Then I will be off for Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, Easter Sunday, and Easter Monday. I am just hoping that my peak day does not come so much earlier that I am not at home with my hubby on that day of opportunity. Oh, well, all of this is so humbling.
God shall me give me the grace to know that he will unite J and I on the right day and allow our love for one another and for Him to grow into a brand new soul. I shall not worry that I will miss an opportunity. God is calling me to his side for retreat and I will go willingly and with a full heart fully expecting the best he has in store for me. There is always time before and after my retreat to ask God to plant new life within my womb.

Hey, the best part about the last minute road trip is that we get to stay in Baton Rouge for a few nights and will get to see some of my best friends and their family. Our little godson is now 7 mo. old and we have not seen him since January. I can’t wait. They have two little girls who we love so much and love to spoil so it will be a fun time. I was talking to their mom today and just talking about us going got little mal so excited. She is so ready to tell me herself that she is now wearing big girl panties. I tell you, these little girls and G, our godson, love J so much they almost never leave his lap when we are around, so we are looking forward to visiting. They are such an amazing catholic family, they are a source of inspiration for me. I am glad they have adopted us as their Aunt C and Uncle J. What a blessing and what a blessing it will be to be around such beautiful souls this weekend! Can you tell how excited I am???

God’s greatest blessings to you all!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah for a new plan and a road trip and a retreat! All in one day! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that happens again you can come to my house! You are about 5 1/2 hours away! I will give you my number and you can just call when you are on your way! Bring anyone you want! We'll pack you in like sardines! Oh and I can't cook so you can bring some recipes! :)

    So happy for your retreat!

    Do they say why you peak so late? That is incredible, but what do I know? I am lucky to peak! ;)

    Coincidence, but I called my doctor for clomid today! It's only $9 without insurance, so I figured it can't hurt. I am just barely feeling my ovaries. So I figured it was time to start feeling them again! ;)

    I was telling my husband the Mrs. Neverhadtowaitforchildren story and he told me to put the knife down! ;)

    I am excited that you have friends that relieve you of your barrenness, even if its for a few days! Oh its like heaven and almost surreal! You are actually able to enjoy it and are able to imagine. I just think IF robs us of our ability to actually grasp our dreams. But keep chasing them honey!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant I was lucky to peak at all! :)

    It sounded like I was rubbing in your face that I peaked, but really I it has a mind of it's own....

    blah, blah, balh

    ReplyDelete
  4. You weren't kidding when you said "life has been very busy." I don't know how you do it. How wonderful that you'll get to see your Godson, have a retreat and get some much deserved time off!

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment last night including the reminder to pray - I needed that reminder. Now that I've slept I'm feeling better and now wondering if hormones were involved after all because as soon as AF came so did the sleep!

    Have a great road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I just have to sympathize with you about how hurricane season can really make your life turn upside-down.
    My sister and her family stayed with us for weeks after Rita drove a tree through their roof. Last year we housed my family as evacuees from Gustav, then Ike came straight for our town immediately after.

    It definitely makes it hard following any kind of schedule when you're worrying about evacuations! I can't believe it's almost that time again already. :(

    Hope you have a nice trip! You make me miss Louisiana, and I won't be going "home" until late next month. Have a great time with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surprise! Thankfully I got the kick in the butt that I needed to get back to blogging. :)

    I can't imagine all of the hurricane hurdles that you have had to face. We certainly pray for y'all every day.

    Boy, being busy can sure make the days come and go quickly. I admire your strength.

    Having a plan feels so great! I am happy that you have a new one. :)

    Have fun on your retreat. Enjoy and know that God is making a way for you. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete