Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Good Life

Today I got up early, made my sweet hubbie some lunch and sent him off with a kiss. Then I ate toast with peanut butter and went back to bed. Is that not the funniest thing ever? I almost cannot beleive it myself! I slept in, REALLY in!!! I woke bright eyed, cheerful and not a moment of dizziness or weakness. Last night I thought that I should wake up early, eat a bit of breakfast and then go back and lay down before facing the day because maybe I was putting too much time between supper and breakfast the next day. It seemed to do the trick. We tend to eat supper early and we are not nighttime snackers. I usually can barely get anything down for breakfast, but today it was worth it so that I could feel my best! Praise God, it seemed to help. I will try to do all of that blood work on Tuesday, since I will already be going in for the progesterone draw.

When I did finally drag my lazy rear out of the bed, I quickly got to doing the house work. I vacuumed, did a load of laundry, have supper all ready to pop in the oven this evening, made some lunch, and then cleaned the kitchen.

When I was in the middle of making the meatloaf (I am not a big meatloaf fan, but the lea & perrins recipe is great and EASY!), I got a phone call from a number I did not know. I ended up answering the phone and it turned out to be the lady from the job I interviewed for back in February (they offered it, but I did not take it b/c no benefits) and she offered me a temp position for a month at a really decent salary for just do some answering of phones, filing, and receiving payments. I immediately accepted and thought, that is why I got to have such a big nap this morning - it won't be happening again for awhile.

So I start tomorrow. It helped that a friend of mine works there and let them know I was not working and could use the work. I am so excited. It will help us pad our savings a bit and pay a few of the medical bills that keep flowing in our mailbox.

My husband was so excited when I called and told him. There is nothing physically demanding in this job, so we think it will work.

I could tell you that last night as I was going to bed, I prayed "God, please help me find a job, one that I can do even with the baby coming." I knew that it is so hard to find a job for only 3-4 months, so this was really exactly what I was hoping for right now. I pray that I stay healthy enough to handle it all and be able to pace myself so that Joseph stays safe.

In regard to prayer requests, can I please ask for prayers for my Mom. She is having a difficult time right now for many reasons and I think her depression is coming back. She stays in constant pain and has limited medical resources and they are d/c her pain meds because she is on Medicaid for some reason and they said she has taken them long enough. They have not weaned her off or anything, but she is scared. When she is scared, her attitude can be hard to accept. She has been making ugly comments about the name we chose for Joseph and it is really wearing thin. I don't know how to handle her ugliness anymore and today when I called to tell her my good news, she went on again about Joseph's name and was just so ugly about it. I did not even tell her my news and until her attitude gets better, I am not going to visit her. This is not the first time she had made ugly comments to me about this pregnancy, she just doesn't know how to talk to people well and has always hurt my feelings. This just beats all. She has made a bit of a stink over how my friend wants to plan my shower, timing, etc and I just had to tell her that I am so very grateful that my friends offered to do this for us and I love what they are doing. I told her if she is unhappy about it, she and my family could host their own. She is really not well and that alone helps me to try to be understanding, but my feelings are still hurt. I will get over it, with time.

4 comments:

  1. I am really sorry to hear that about your mom. I think limiting your time with her and trying to remind yourself that she is scared etc, as you are already doing, is all you can do.
    On a positive note, I am so thrilled you felt better today, were able to eat and sleep, and also got the job call. What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your mom. I hope you can reconcile soon.

    I'm glad you got a job and were feeling better today. I actually feel pretty good in the morning (I have a handful of dry cereal if I wake up at night) and feel pretty bad in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry about things with your mom. That is so difficult and stressful. But you clearly love her so much.

    So happy about your sleeping in, and the job!

    Will pray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've read your blog off and on and i just wanted to leave a comment saying i'm very impressed with how you handle your situation with your mom. my mother has also been depressed and on medication, but never told me about it (my father did). she often says things that are hurtful to me and it is SO HARD for me to just brush it off. thanks for serving as a good example for the type of behavior I should really exemplify towards her because you're right, she's not well and its not her fault. thank you again, so much.

    ReplyDelete