Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Birthday!


J's birthday is at the stroke of midnight and today it was so much fun to spoil him for the day! Since his birthday falls on a big family day, I like to celebrate with him all to myself the day before!

I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and he said Chocolate! Well, the only cake mix I had in the cabinet was strawberry, but in a moment of divine intervention I remembered that I had some Her.shey's Cocoa mix and all of the ingredients in the pantry to make a homemade (FROM SCRATCH!!!!) Chocolate birthday cake for the love of my life! I was a complete mess when I was done, he actually loved to kiss me and tell me that I looked like the people on cak.e boss! Well, I am proud to report that the cake was DELICIOUS!!!! He just took the spoon straigt to it! I made him a big glass of milk and it was such a treat for him!

I am so glad that he was born 34 years ago! He is such a tremendous blessing to me and I can't imagine not having him by my side! He is my best friend and biggest supporter! He always makes me laugh and loves me in gentle ways that remind me that God's love is true, sincere, and never-ending.

I found this quote on www.ron.rolheiser.com recently and it made me think of J!
"Anne Michael's writing: "Only real love waits while we journey through grief. That is the real trustworthiness between people. In all the epics, in all the stories that have lasted through many lifetimes, it is always the same truth: love must wait for wounds to heal. It is this waiting that we must do for each other, not with a sense of mercy, or in judgment, but as if forgiveness were a rendezvous. How many are willing to wait for another in this way? Very few."

J has loved me in good times and bad. He has waited with me as I journeyed (still journey)through grief.

I prayed for him long before I ever met him. I think it was my freshmen year that my religion teacher challenged us to pray for future spouse EVERYDAY! I started then! In college, I knew he was out there and I would pray for him throughout the whole day! As I was in my senior year, I met him! It was January 1999 that we met and started dating! Let me tell you, he was worth every prayer, every moment of waiting, every tear that I cried as I waited and worth every broken heart until we found one another!

Now, as we wait for our dream to come true of adding to our family, I still find myself thankful that I get to dream next to him each night, that I get to wake up to him each morning, and that I get to live my life with him each day!

Honey, I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, J! Your cake looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post to your husband. Sounds like you had a great celebration. That cake looks AMAZING!!

    Happy New Year! :)

    Oh, and thanks for your SWEET gift! I just got home yesterday and got to open it. I will post later today on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy B'day, J.
    The cakes looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks delicious! What a great way to celebrate your husband. (And what a gorgeous he got you for Christmas -- just read your earlier post.)

    ReplyDelete