Sunday, December 27, 2009

I survived 12/26/09

I have been covered in Grace!

I was able to laugh my way through Christmas and part of Christmas eve and even survived the anticipated EDD for Nicky.

We tried really hard to not focus on sorrow or pain. Ever since I made the commitment to try to let Nicky enjoy their time in Heaven, I have been covered in grace.

It does help that so many people are praying for us!

The only time I cried in the past several days was at Christmas Midnight Mass as I was filled with wonder and awe at the birth of our Savior and when I was reading the first reading this morning at Mass and had to proclaim to the congregation the sacrifice Hannah made in returning her son Samuel to the Lord. I love that line that where it says "this child for whom I prayed. . . " It made me think of our Sam and then I was reminded of Sew's Hannah Grace and was moved to pray for the Sew family :)

One of my best friends' birthday was yesterday and she wanted to eat at a Japaneese restaurant. J and I have never eaten anything like that we were way out of our comfort zone, but we had fun celebrating with her. It was such a great opportunity to celebrate life instead of mouning.

We are planning to take a small getaway this week and I am so excited.

In cycle news, I am at p+10 and only had a few episodes of slight pain on the left side. I keep expecting to get that terrible pain on the right side, but so far that has not happened yet. I really need to do a better job of tracking when those kind of pains come in my cycle. Dr. H did write an order for me to get an utrasound if I do have that pain again. I think that they want to see if there is a cyst. In regard to the pain on the left side, I really think that it must be adhesions that developed after my surgery in May when my left tube was removed. In other related news, I just had to do the hcg on p+3, 5, & 7.

It is so nice to have hope. I really think that this is part of the grace I am receiving straight from Heaven.

We got to go see "Did you.hear about the Morgans?" today and it was hilarious and had the best ending ever . . .

Many prayers to you all for a beautiful New Year celebration! May 2010 bring many blessings to our blogging circle.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it through Nicky's EDD. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you made it through the EDD filled with Grace. I know it wasn't easy and I know Nicky is praying for you. I thought about Sew, too, during the first reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...I'm so sorry about the EDD. It scares me. I'm glad you were able to concentrate on something else. I bet we will never forget as the years go buy. Heck, I know I would be sporting quite the baby bump right now! ERRRRR.....

    Thanks for thinking about me guys! :) My friend got me a statue of that verse "For this child I prayed"...>When it came the wing was broken and now it is so significant to have her broken wing. I guess for me it signifies my broken heart! ;)

    Have fun on your getaway!!

    ReplyDelete