Wednesday, December 23, 2009

HOPES UP

I am at p+6 and I don't know what to expect from my body but I am just hopeful. We did the absolute best we could to try to make a baby (with God's help), so we will see what comes to pass.
I will do the blood draw tomorrow, yes on Christmas Eve.
I have been feeling pretty good and not having alot of pain on either side. I did have some pain on the left side two nights ago, but it went away on it's own. I am almost cautious to say that because you know how once you write something, it changes.
In other news, I was visiting a priest I work with who was at his home this morning because he is recovering from a surgery and he randomly asked me "Are yall still interested in adoption?" He has always been very supportive of us adopting and really has been somewhat a big adoption cheerleader for us. Well, I told him "Yes, we are still very interested in adoption and while we have not started the homestudy process we were trying to see what would happen in the next few months but that is was still very much on the table. He then told me "I don't want to get your hopes up, but I do know of a young woman who is looking to place her child with an adoptive family." At the moment, I was really calm as I sat at the table with him and a coworker of mine. I went on to tell him of my experience at mass last sunday and He remained supportive. I told him, "No, I understand that these things don't always work out." Yet, once I left I went straight to the adoration chapel and prayed that God would protect my heart, J's heart, the mama's heart, and that sweet baby. He gave me no details, but for some reason I am so hopeful for this child. I prayed that God would somehow make sure that this child makes it to the right parents. I don't know what I was thinking but I told him that he could tell this person to contact J and I if they wanted to get to know us or ask us any questions that they may want answered. I have no idea of how far along this young woman may be at this time, but my heart is just overflowing with hope. It almost felt like a Christmas miracle :) Just the idea that someone thought of us FIRST! That we came to mind, what a gift. Only by God's grace, I am convinced. J is working out of town right now and I haven't called him because I am trying to not get my hopes up, but they are up. I just think that this came from a reliable source. WAIT, J just called and I told him the about the conversation that I had with Father! He was more than suprised. We shall wait and see . . . for all I know Father might have just gave me some hope because I would need my hope buoyed to make it through this Christmas season. Just kidding, I don't think he would have done that.

PURE CRAZINESS!!!!

Now for the second magical, sent down straight from heaven part of my day . . .

Earlier this week, I said a prayer to St. Therese, The Little Flower, and asked her to pick a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me as a message of love. As I was going to an office party, I was early so I drove around the community surrounding the Chancery and stumbled onto a rose garden. I was blown away . . . I have seen this yard before during the spring and summer time, but not in December and there were roses of every kind and color gracing those branches. I was in awe that my prayer was being answered . . . as I drove very slowly past the yard, I lovingly admired the roses and then I say a small angel in the distance and then my eye caught the most beautiful image . . . A LIFE SIZE STATUE OF SAINT THERESE!!!! Then I knew that the prayer was answered through her intercession. My heart was pounding as I stared at her beautiful image. It was at that point that I realized that nothing is in my control in relation to conception or adoption. I can pray, wait in expectant hope, and just wait some more :D

Then when I returned home and checked the mail, I had received a gift from my Advent Prayer Buddy. Ms. Blondie so generously gave of her prayers for me this Advent and for that I am so thankful. The gift she chose for me was a beautiful statue of Saint Nicholas and a prayer card. The gift could not have touched my heart more . . . I just marveled at God's goodness in sending me a friend in her and being so thankful that God has allowed our paths to cross. Thank you, Ms. Blondie :) As always, I am praying for some baby blondies to come your way very soon!

I had the pleasure of having TWO Advent Prayer buddies this Advent - Ms. Blondies & Jeremiah 29:11 - & I was able to offer up all of my suffering during the first part of Advent for the success of their surgieries and that children would become a part of their families very soon!

My specific prayer for Jeremiah 29:11 was that her surgery would be successful, that the homestudy would be completed very quickly, that God would bring life to her womb and nurture that life to a safe delivery, and that if God chose to bring her and her husband their children through the miracle of adoption, that He would do that SOON! See, even in my prayers for others, I throw in that urgency :) I also prayed that God would help Jeremiah and her husband to have renewed faith and hope during this season that reminds us that hope is alive and that God is still reaching out to all of us in love, bringing us MIRACLES!

My specific prayer for Ms. Blondie was that her surgery would be tremendously successful and that Dr. Hilgers would be able to give her some answers and HOPE! I begged God to open her womb when she healed! I specifically prayed for her husband that he find comfort in knowing that she was in the care of a good doctor and that both would trust him. I prayed that their marriage would be strengthened during this time of waiting for healing and that God would carry them on eagles wings even amidst the stormy winds that they may encounter.

In all of this, I lifted them both up to St. Gerard and asked for his intercession.

Ladies, know that I will continue to keep you two and all the other IF bloggers in my prayers.

On the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and wrote to Nicky in my journal. Afterward, I looked back on my notes and reflections from my retreat in April and one of the first lines I wrote down that the retreat master shared with us. He told us "The secret to getting what you want in life is to pray for others to get what you want first." I have finally got there. The other day, I was praying for one particular person (you know who you are) and begging God to bring life to her womb. I don't know when that will happen, but I do believe it will happen one day. That was the gift of the Advent Prayer Buddy system, we are praying for others to have what we desire most. I hope that retreat master was RIGHT! Then we will all have the desires of our heart!

Special note to Jeremiah 29:11 -
I sent you and Ms. Blondies a gift in the mail and when my post office weighed it, but misjudged the amount. I only know this because Ms. Blondie told me she had to go to the post office and pay 68 cents to get the package. I was so disappointed that this happened to her and then I knew yours would probably be wrong too and it is out of my control to fix it. I am so sorry :( Please know that it was not my intention to make the gift to you both become so burdensome. That being said, I hope you both enjoy your gifts! Merry Christmas!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, what a.sweet post! I am honored to have your prayers. Thank you for thinking of me during this holy season of waiting and expectation. I will remember you in my prayers too. May God fill your heart with grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremiah, so happy you got to read the post. In your package is a letter that explains all of the special prayers I said for you and your family :)

    By the way, if TCIE reads this post - I just looked at it and realized the paragraphs are very long - hahahhaha, but I am too tired to change it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your prayer buddies were so blessed to have you!

    Wow, I am floored by what happened with the priest! This just goes to show, no matter whether you conceive biologically or not (I know you will conceive again), but perhaps God is placing adoption on your heart for a reason right now, and perhaps even on your husband's too ... I can't wait to see what unfolds! It is so nice to feel hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TCIE is the editor in Chief dont you know!

    I keep forgetting you are private now! But what a blessing from the Priest! :) I think that is what bouyed us into what we are doing now! :)

    St. T loves you very much! Start asking her for a baby! hahahahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, you are so wonderful! Thanks! I'm so glad I get to be on your blog now.
    Your faith life ALWAYS makes an impact on me. Your prayers are lovely.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew, I have been asking her intercession for a baby . . . maybe one is on their way . . .I can only hope that if not in my womb, in the womb of a very courageous woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I comment earlier, but I must not have published it.

    Merry Christmas. That's awesome about the possible adoption situation your priest told you about. I love the St. Therese statue and rose garden story. I need to start a devotion to her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are filled with hope for yourself this cycle- I wait with baited breath to see how St Therese has chosen to answer your prayers :)

    Your prayers for Jeremiah and Mrs Blondies were absolutely selfless and so thoughtful! I loved this advent prayer buddy system, too, can't wait to do it again! :) I loved putting all of my energy and THOUGHTS into another person when communicating with God, rather than myself. It was so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I just read the comments...

    hehehe, I am SO SORRY that I made that comment a while back!!! OMGosh, who do I think I am??? You write beautifully, just shut me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. TCIE - you made me laugh out loud reading that comment :)
    You are such a sweetie! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas! I really enjoyed reading this. Keep up your faith and your Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful post! I realized recently I wasn't getting your updates in my dashboard, so I am getting caught up and hope I have fixed the problem. You are such a kind soul and I love reading your insights. It was such a great experience to think about others this advent season.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One more thing-I loved what you wrote about the retreat master. It made me think about an unbelievably kind Catholic friend also having IF, who literally loaned me every maternity outfit she had bought for herself, with tags on and all, for me when she found out I was pregnant. I can't imagine how difficult that was, but she is just that kind of person that she wanted to do that for me and was genuinely happy for me after my IF problems. To be in that place, that certainly would make us saints, would it not?! That is my wish for all of us!

    ReplyDelete