Monday, February 9, 2009

Pulling my head out of the sand

Well, today I am all about pulling my head out of the sand and deciding to stop feeling sorry for myself. I have been such a bitter person for the last few days that I was completely miserable to be around. I did not post on those days bc I did not want to even put into words the reality of what I was feeling or dealing with lately.

I seriously need to go to confession because I really think that I say some things very offensive to God and I doubted His healing power. No, wait, I did not question His healing power, I questioned why he did not will to heal me yet! Big, huge difference.

I saw this saying in Ki.rklands the other night "Faith is not believing that God can, it is believing that he will." That sucker punched me. I meditated on that all weekend. Needless to say that on the way home that night, DH and I got into a discussion on something very important to us and we completely disagreed and I wondered what do we do when we cannot agree on this essential matter. We let the conversation linger, which made for a grumpy sunday. I finally came around and brought the subject up again on Sunday night and he was so disappointed that I cound not let it go. I told him we have to figure this out. It was not an option to let it linger anymore. Well, after that discussion, we were able to embrace and be thankful that God delivered us out of the belly of the whale.
Someone said that God heals us in one way or another when we pray for healing. It can come in different forms, either spiritually or physically. God has healed me spiritually, but I was going backwards this weekend. Now, I am still hoping he wills to heal me physically.
Thanks be to God for faithful husbands and families who support and do not destroy life. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. that is a great quote and how we all need to have that kind of faith.

    sorry you are feeling down.
    ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. My head has been in the sand too, especially last night. The whole TTC just got to me and I became overwhelmed and very angry and told God that I was. My heart was not in the right place at all. Today has been a bit better because I have been humbled a little and God has let me know that He is in control, not me! I absolutely love that quote and have written it down to come back to it time and time again. I really appreciate your honesty as you post, it gives me so much comfort and inspiration to do the same. What a great gal and christian!

    Many blessings and lots of hugs,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree that God heals us both physically and spiritually.

    There have been so many times when I have begged God in prayer, "Lord, if it is not your will that I conceive, please have mercy on me and help me to carry this cross."

    It seems He has always come through, especially when I think I can't live another day through this.

    ReplyDelete