Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blood work results

I had to call the nurses from PPVI today and they called me back not 2 hrs later with my results from my P+7 results. Remember how I was saying I was not even sure if I correctly identified my peak day. Well, last night after looking at my chart, I got very discouraged and upset with myself (like I can really control what my body is doing). So anyway, the nurse told me that the results were definitely post ovulatory! This was music to my ears. I feel like it is Christmas or Resurrection Sunday! Then she gave me the specific numbers. My progesterone level was 10.1 (which Dr. Hilgers likes it to be at least 13) and my estradoil level was 7.1 (which Dr. Hilgers wants it to be at least 12). I really did not get bogged down in the shortcoming of the numbers because I just knew that this is massive improvement from the 1st and 2nd times I tested. I did explain to her that I was so unsure about when my true peak day was and then explained that I was worried because AF has not arrived yet. She then said that if it has not arrived by Monday, I will need to have them send out an order for a blood pregnancy test. Now, don't you know I will be completely anxious until Monday. I really hope AF does not show up! I was filled with excitement, joy, and then nervousness all in about 1 minutes time as the possibility sank in. I then went straight to our adoration chapel to pray and then called my husband. We were both so fired up. He is much calmer than I am at this point, but just the knowledge that I did ovulate and there was an egg for him to fertilize is miraculous to me. Hoping the future in very bright here in SWLA!

12 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! I'm praying for you! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD! I AM SO NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE GOING TO MESS UP MY PEAK DAY NOW! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to say that you have a HUGE cross to carry. I would be going so batty, head spinning and all with those long of cycles! I would be peeing on sticks morning, noon and night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO excited for you!!!!

    Plz don't keep us waiting much longer! Get an hpt this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!! So excited for you!! Prayers that you can stay calm - ha ha - until Monday. (And no AF!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ovulation is the BEST!!!! Oh man, I SO feel your excitement- - from someone who didn't used to O on my own, I never take Oing for granted (my own or other people's)! This is great news, and I will be praying that conditions were just perfect for conception :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for OV!!!! I'm going to say a special prayer for you for whatever the outcome may be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm sending prayers your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm fired up for ya! There is so much wonderful news in the IF blog world that it makes me very hopeful. You better post the minute you find out, and don't forget that even if it doesn't work out the way you would want, you're making giant leaps into getting those numbers up. Add to that: you freakin' ovulated girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Glad I found your blog tonight! My name is Maria, I'm forty two, and married for a year and a half. Hubby and I have been TTC since our wedding day. Last year I was diagnosed with endometriosis stage four. I had one surgery, but my new napro doctor says they didn't do a good job removing the endo because I still have a lot of pain during my cycle. I have an appointment with a new surgeon in early March. We are praying he will agree to do the surgery and check my tubes also.

    I really enjoyed my visit to your blog. You and hubby are in my thoughts and prayers for some good news soon! I will remember you and your intentions in my daily rosary.

    When you get a chance, I'd love to invite you to visit my blog.

    http://hailmaryfullofgrace-mt.blogspot.com/

    May God Bless you and hubby!

    Love,
    Maria In Mass

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your DH must be so excited!!! Woo hoo....don't keep us waiting. Prayers are sent your way. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just checking in to get a Saturday update! ????? Praying for you no matter what!!!!?????

    ReplyDelete