Sunday, January 20, 2013

Oh my . . .how you have grown!

The weather has been so nice the last few days, enough for Joseph and I to hang out on the porch and play with the tractors, wheelbarrows, and pretend birds.  It has been fun!  swing11aswing11b

We ended up doing a few things to make more room on the porch today and one of those things was making one side for all his toys and giving him a play area and we moved the simple chairs and bench to the other side for a sitting area.  One thing that was sentimental we removing his swing from the porch.  He hasn’t used it in a long time and he is really getting too big for it now, but it was still sad to take it down.  He was also getting too tall and would hit his head pretty often when running around out there.

But for old times sake, I put him in the swing today because once we acted like we were taking it down, of course he wanted to play in it.  When I put him in it, I got all those warm feelings in my tummy, reminding me just how joyful I was the first time I put him in the new swing his Granny and PawPaw got for him in June of 2011.  Time is moving to fast for me.  I found the pictures and it is amazing to see how much he has grown in the last 19 months!

IMG_3356

IMG_3353IMG_3355

IMG_3360

2 comments: