Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Favorite books

 

IMG_3311

Joseph has been very fond of the new book he got for Christmas from his Aunt Crystal & Uncle DJ.  Joseph adores George and at any given time will ask for “More George”.  It is a heavy book, and has close to 200 pages and it is nothing for us to read the whole book every night.  We know the stories by heart. 

IMG_3302

Last night before bed, we just laid on my bed and looked at the pictures.  He would randomly pick a page and I would read it.  He was satisfied with that, phew. 

IMG_3304

I love to watch his facial expressions as he looks at the pages, he is learning so much these days and growing up faster than I seem to store the memories in my heart for a lifetime.

 

IMG_3305

He was not pleased with my little photo session, he wanted to resume reading.  Priorities Smile

IMG_3307

It is rare that his blue eyes show up so clearly so I am a big fan of this one that captures his little smirk and tousled hair.  I always used to think that I wanted a daughter and if one came along I would not complain, but my life is filled with boys and love every minute of it.  I find great joy in being this boy’s Momma!

 

IMG_3312

This is his other favorite book these days.  This one was from Mitchell & Matthew and they found it for a quarter at a garage sale.  Joseph is always also asking for his “Choo Choo book”.  A few days ago he began to say “All aboard the Choo Choo”  in his own special one-of-a-kind two year old voice.  Yesterday when he got to see Thomas he kept telling me “Gordon!!  Gordon!!  Gordon!!  Gordon!!”  When I figured out what he was saying and I asked “Gordon?”  He was just so thrilled.  This whole communication this is so special to the both of us!  We are so thankful his vocabulary is growing!  Except last night when he did not get his way he said ‘Oh, man.”  A certain 16 year old taught him that one, not a big fan of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment