Thursday, January 3, 2013

It is not always sunshine and roses

Tonight Joseph had a huge meltdown! It happened right at bedtime and it took both of us to try to problem solve our ways to helping him. I started finally singing "come Holy Spirit" which just made he spiral down even faster, poor kid! I kept the spirit of prayer as I just held his screaming body! I then realized he was angry at the sheet! He has sensitivity to some things that never occur to me as a bother, once Jessy and I took the sheet off and just left him covered with the quilts, he started to recover slowly. I tried a few of his favorite songs to which he told me "no mama" then we finally had a winner when I tried "Elmo's world". Sweet babe, sang that song a dozen times or so until he drifted off to sleep. I pray he has a restful night! Not much sleep for us the past two night, he has just been restless and needing extra reassurance. I think his molars could be bothering him, he begged for Popsicles tonight and he never asks for those. He has a small dose of Advil in his little body so I hope that eases some pain.
He is such a fun boy, it hurts my heart to see him so upset! It is the little things and while all of the meltdown occurred, Jessy stayed by the bed to pray! Now that is a godly Daddy. I want to know that the most important place I bring my child is to the feet of Jesus, the throne of grace! I am so glad his daddy does this for him too!
We may not have much in the way of worldly possessions, a big house, a fancy car, or a loaded bank account but we do have Jesus! I could not be more proud and thankful that he already knows his Jesus and his Momma Mary!
The other night he climbed on my lap as I read our favorite blog from Mexico and he immediately recognized Our Lady of Guadalupe (we have the same image of Mary in our living room) and he said "oh, my Mary." Nothing in this world makes me happier than to know my baby knows the ones who love him even more than I can, will, or do!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Feeling your pain. It's so challenging and exhausting. Isn't God so wise to make them so adorable?

    ReplyDelete