Friday, June 18, 2010

Check out my loot :)


Last night, we get a call from my mother in law that says a neighbor of theirs told them about this great garage sale near their house and that it had so many good baby items for great prices. She thought I could stop there on my way to work. Well, I took off a comp day today and was planning to sleep in and make arrangements with unemployment, etc. Well, I ended up getting up at 6 am and making the 20 minute drive to the garage sale and it was worth getting out of bed! This lady had some really awesome baby gear, baby boy clothing, and the cutest ever little nursery set for sale. The set had whales (Lily and Ives, I think), but definitely for a sweet boy! I loved it, but we are just getting neutral things now.
Check out my loot:





That's right, the pictures may not do it justice!!

I got a boppy (brand new condition) with two beautiful, neutral covers, a bumbo (neutral color), a weighted pad/pillow (these are used to help position babies who may be born a little premature), 3 sweet baby caps, 1 hooded Noah's Ark towel, a mobil with fish (with lights for the ceiling and the base plays soft music - I forgot to take a picture of this), and 27 baby outfits all for the whopping price of ...............................................$20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Unbelievable, I am just so thankful! Two of the top things on my list were a bumbo and a boppy! When I worked as a special instructor, I just knew that these are the necessities to help with some early motor development skills. No, there are not really necessary, just helpful and all of this stuff is in great shape! People may think it is weird to be buying all this neutral stuff (it is so hard to find) but we can use it for Little Bit (I can't waith until we can all them by their name) and if we are ever blessed with another child we can reuse these same items no matter what the gender!!


Since the garage sale was in the country, I was the only one there and I shopped for about an hour. It turns out the lady had two sons. She casually mentioned that she was living in FL when the first one was about two and she had a huge garage sale and sold everything and the next day found out she was pregnant!!! She said it was the last thing they expected because the doctors told her she shouldn't have any more children and they were not trying. She said she had such a difficult pregnancy and had congestive heart failure with her first that they were actually not planning to have any more children - not because they did not want more but because her body was not able to handle the strain of pregnancy. Well, the second pregnancy turned out well, but she did tell me that she had to deliver both of her babies at 32 weeks because she has two small uterus(s). They had to be delivered early. She only lived in our neighborhood for about two weeks and just got an ob and heart doctor before she delievered her second child. She said they were still just so suprised with the second baby because it took them over 10 years to conceive their first child! That is when I shared my story. I felt like I had an instant friend! Someone who understood, life after IF, of being nervous throughout a pregnancy!! She was an awesome person with an awesome story, I left there thinking that God can bring something out of nothing and bring our dreams to life!



12 comments:

  1. Unreal I'm so jealous! Are you done with your private blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sew - I am working on it! I just hate that I won't have access to some of the private blogs that are updated randomly! It is such a hassle for them to add a new address/blog reader, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great deal and a neat story about the woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I object to the LSU outfit, but given where you live, I'll let it slide :)

    Great loot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, that one outfit will make my husband and his family very happy :) Thanks for letting it slide :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the EXACT same bumbo! You got that much stuff for $20??? And 27 outfits? Wow!

    Ann, how did you pick out an LSU outfit in that picture?!! It must be a southern thing! I would have never noticed! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann you are going to die when you see the auburn stuff we have. :) But Gma is an Alabama fan...So house divided and I made pants that are house divided. The gma has some and so does the baby. :) So funny! I still dont get it?! It's a southern think Leila...I always fall asleep during the games even with gma yelling! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Life: What can I say . . . I'm a giver.

    Leila: I can spot evil purple/yellow or evil orange/blue a mile away.

    Sew: I saw the rug in your house in a picture a long time ago. I almost turned on you, but decided to stick around:) We're a house divided, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in awe of your shopping trip! Wow! And I'll add your new blog as a reader to my private blog if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vent, that is fine! It was truly a great find! My mil showed up this evening with three additional newbown outfits that were never even worn and a great crib sheet that she found at the same garage sale since it was next door to her house!

    ReplyDelete