Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Quick Update!!

We are currently in New Orleans and I writing from the hotel, we just got back from the hospital. My FIL is doing better and the heart surgery was successful!!! Praise God!! It has been a super long day!!! We are all so exhausted!! Thanks for your prayers!!

We had to leave quickly and I never got to update about the u/s from Tuesday! I was a complete baskecase, I don't know when the fear will go away. It is not exactly fear, just an awareness that God is in control and I am not ;)

Little Bit was squirming around and I got to see and hear their precious heartbeat, there is nothing more miraculous. I am overwhelmed with gratefulness. This child is a complete gift, not one we deserve but hopefullhy one we are entrusted to care for for many, many years!!! The heartbeat was 170!!! I was on cloud 12 at that point :)

On Sunday, I got a crazy pain on my left side and it was so bothersome that it was tough to sleep or get comfortable enough to sleep. I talked to the doctor about it and the talked to me about it being scar tissue from the removal of my left tube a year ago! I did not know it could hurt so bad!! I thought it was a severe gas bubble, but it never passed. She said "At least you get a baby out of this pain!" At that moment, I knew I had the right doctor! I have been offering up all the discomfort and pain for all of the beautiful couples praying for their miracle. She said the pain could last throughout the pregnancy and I thought it is a small price to pay, but it is finally easing up, praise God.

St. Gerard, St. Gianna, St. Therese, thank you for covering us in prayer!

7 comments:

  1. So glad your u/s went wonderfullly and that your FIL is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all great news! I cannot wait to see some u/s pics whenever you are able!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news all around! I'm so glad your FIL is doing okay and that your sweet miracle baby is growing! Those early sights and sounds from inside are just so precious to a mother's heart.

    I hope you won't continue to have this pain in your side, though. Praying you will keep getting good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that LB is doing great and your FIL is doing better. Sorry you are having to deal with the pain on the left though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 170 and going strong, yay Little Bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that all is well!!! Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news all around! Our little one's heart beat was 170 a few weeks ago too. There's nothing like seeing it, is there? I'm the most nervous right before and the most confident right after.

    By the way, you make a cameo appearance in Clara's slideshow on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete