Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Grace

I was able to handle my day with grace.

I knew it was coming, but I am still so shook up!

I was told today that my services would no longer be needed at my present employer effective June 30, 2010.

The priest that gave me the letter handled it with great love and compassion and he is the one who we first shared that we were expecting this child I am now carrying and the one who officiated our wedding. He even called my spiritual director to have her available to offer consolation after I met with him. He is greatly concerned about me and our baby, so I tried to not make it any harder than it was already. I am a bit devasted, but trying to find joy in this circumstance. I am trusting that God is in control and will meet all of our needs. The letter stating that I was being laid off said that the "vision for the retreat center has changed and my services are no longer needed."

God is bigger than this and I understand that I was the most dispensible employee they have at this current time. I can't get into too many details as to the official why, but I pray that somehow God will allow holiness will grow there. No one that I currently work with know, so I will have to break the news to them tomorrow.

We should be able to qualify for the LAMOM's program and then I should be able to receive unemployment benefits.

In all things, my baby IS my top priority right now and I pray that nothing disturbs this child living inside of me. I don't think that losing my job is the end of the world, losing a child is the end of the world to me, so God please protect this baby and help me to always, always be a good momma and take care of this little one! This is my prayer!

So sorry that I haven't written my faith story or commented much. I barely have the energy to read the blogs these days, but that should change soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about you getting laid off. I know that you've had a lot to deal with at that job, but it's still got to be difficult.

    ReplyDelete