Saturday, June 26, 2010

The wheels . .

in my head are making laps these past few days. I can't get my mind to wrap around the fact that my vocation is evolving and while it is something I always dreamed of, I never thought about having it transition like this.

I am trying to look at the positives of being a stay at home wife, don't get me wrong - it is what I have always dreamed of, but it is going to be so different for me.

I worry about so much! I'm not super stressed or anything, I am trying to take it all in stride and embracing God's will for me at this time.

Last night we went out to dinner with two of our most favorite friends and they were so very encouraging and this curve in the road we are facing. My husband is handling the changes well, way better than me. I know that once the baby comes I will not want to be leaving them with anyone, but it is still hard for me to imagine that I will be caring for a newborn soon and be consumed with caring for them, that I will not have time to worry. The friends told us that their agreement when their kids were small was that she was the homemaker and would care for the kids while he went to work and she was his support and his helpmate. My husband really seem to get this for almost the first time (that I have seen). It will be super hard, but I am praying that somehow we can make it work. These friends made the comment to me that in a year from now we will be having dinner - all five of us together! They are close to our age, but there kids are almost all grown! She said the only thing that would be different is that there will be a high chair at out table. I couldn't even imagine that!!! I have the hardest time picturing anything but focusing on seeing that little newborn - wrinkley, crying, gorgeous baby! That is what I keep visualizing, that very first meeting once all the labor is done! God, please let us get to that precious moment and all of the precious moments to come!!

Anyway, we went to Hobby Lobby today and got our Papal Blessing celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary framed! It is coming up on July 1st! It looks awesome I am so excited! Awhile back I won this beautiful platter plate at our Pokino party and it came from Hobby Lobby. It was pretty, but just never fit into our home decor. When I was in the store the other day, I say it and it was $50. I decided today to see if I could exchange it for the framing of the Blessing and I was able to get a gift card for 1/2 the amount of the platter (the lady probably got it on sale anyway) and then my framing was 50%, I now still have money on the card to go back and shop for some decorating things for the nursery! I am so happy! Then I found a super cute gift for an upcoming baby shower! I love it! Now all we have to do is find a place to hang the Blessing!

I am off to cook dinner, my in-laws are coming over shortly! Praise God that I was able to sleep in a bit this morning!


Hopefully this will be us soon! With our own precious baby! This one is from the baptism of our Godson, G! Sweet, Sweet Boy!





4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see that beautiful picture of you holding a newborn! What an amazing day that will be my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself worrying a lot these days too. I pray that your worrying subsides soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture! I can't wait to see it with your own newborn this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, for the day we can see those pictures with your own precious babe! I could cry for joy for you!!

    ReplyDelete