Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gather The People

"Gather The People" was sung as the entrance hymn at mass this morning.

Here is the chorus:
Gather the people,
Enter the feast,
All are invited the greatest and least.
The banquet is ready, now to be shared.
Join in the heavenly feast that God has prepaere.
(by Dan Shutte)

It struck me that I am at the heavenly feast in my life at this very moment.

While I have been taking so long to wrap my mind around the miracle that is growing in my womb, I finally realize why the awe has not worn off! This is our heavenly feast that God has prepared for us. The banquet is being made ready . . . it will be shared.

I have been so aware that I am still grieving the loss of Nicky AND eargerly anticipating the arrival of a new healthy baby. I am getting so hopeful, excited, and am finding that I am having more confidience every day. It makes me a bit nervous to be so hopeful right now, but it is the best gift I can give my baby right now.

In regular news, we went to a few garage sales this weekend. I was looking for nice, clean, neutral baby thigs. I found some really cute infant outfits, some swaddling blankets and some gorgeous new chairs for our dining room table. We got such a bargain. We only paid $30 a chair and they are nearly new and when I researched the serial/model numbers they go for about $390 a pair. Can't beat that. We love them and they are so comfortable. We weren't looking for them, but it was a super find. The swaddle blankets are awesome, but I am not sure they will be nearly as good as the miracle blanket I heard about and want so bad.

In good news, we were told that my husband's parents would like to buy the baby's crib. I was so excited, but it will be awhile before we buy it.

I did get the chance to find one we liked and set up an online registry at Wal.mart. There is not much on there yet, but I was just playing around today and set up the registry. I know it is soon, but I just wanted to see what stood out to us.

I have not had time to post, we had company staying at our house since we got back from New Orleans, plus I am staying so tired. I have been taking a nap every single day.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but my local doctor was wanting to stop my Glucophage and progesterone meds at around 12 weeks. I talked with the nurses at PPVI and Dr. Hilgers seems to thinks the Gluchophage will help me not develop gestational diabetes and they adamently agree with me that we need to continue to monitor the progesterone levels and supplement with meds as needed. They are going to send a fax explaining the need for me to continue these meds to my local doctor. I hope this doesn't upset her, I don't intend to question her judgment, I just want to do what is best for both my baby and I.

I have been enjoying reading everyone's faith story. I do plan to share mine soon! I am so glad Leila suggested this. I will be writing mine soon, but with limited computer time, I will be doing it in a day or so! I have felt like I have not any "down" time lately and I know this is only a taste of what is to come ;)

I can't beleive I am getting closer to twelve weeks pregnant, I pray that this pregnancy leads to a healthy baby that we can take home and watch grow up!!

8 comments:

  1. When my doctors ask if I am off of progesterone, I'm just going to say yes. Can you just tell your doctor that Dr. H is weining you off of them at 12 weeks or something.

    I think you waited 10 years to start a registry, get on it girl! I'm sure it will change and you have time to make up your mind! I was thinking of doing on privately and just playing around with it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can't wait to check out your registry! That is exciting. My sister was just telling me today about this awesome crib and changing table set that is similar to the one she has for her baby. She saw the other one on her company classifieds and wants to get it because she liked hers so much and was asking if I wanted it. In a moment of probably less than great clarity for me - I told her to see if what was still available and we would pay for it. Crazy, I know. I suppose if buying baby equipment before one is even pregnant would guarantee a pregnancy, more people would be doing it? :)

    I hope you get some downtime soon! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I LOVE the pink on your blog!! So pretty!!!!

    Second, a registry is so fun! Make one!

    Third, I cannot wait to read your faith story!

    Fourth, I cannot believe you are already so far along, and this is stinking exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops, I see you already did make a registry! YAY!

    Also, the Miracle Blanket is awesome! I will make sure you get one, one way or another.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stick to your guns on that progesterone thing. It's so important. I would be honest with your doc and try to educate them (if he/she is open to it!) on the benefits of progesterone. Maybe she'll see the light! Good luck and I can't BELIEVE you're almost 12 weeks! How amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely stick to your guns on the progesterone. We want to keep LB healthy! That's awesome that you started your registry. I'm surprised you were able to hold off this long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you are doing so well! It is a heavenly feast to be pg!!! Registries are fun, I enjoyed putting my together online at Target, it was a lot less overwhelming they way. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This song and post really spoke to my heart. I think after so many years of famine, a feast is a welcome celebration!

    Registering and thinking about cribs and such can be overwhelming, especially with a history of loss, but I hope you'll let yourself enjoy it and have fun with it. It will get easier! I can't wait to look at your registry. :)

    12 weeks!!!!! I am so very happy for you! Can't stop smiling!

    ReplyDelete