Thursday, June 25, 2009

Getting out of the house


Baylie says going to the vet is hard work!

Today I managed to get out of the house to bring Baylie to the vet and it went very well. She is such a laid back kitty, that the vet fell in love with her right away. She weighs a whopping 2 lbs. and is about 8 weeks old. I would venture to say that she has gained a whole pound in the last week because she eats and drinks all the time. I am so grateful she uses her litterbox well.
She was calm the whole way to the vet and back, which is great considering it takes 30 min. to get there one way. While we were out, I brought her to see J as I dropped off a big sonic route 44 drink to him as a surprise. I love to do this for him. It just seems to make his day go better!
Once we got home, Baylie made herself at home again and then Daisy was sure to check her out, I believe she missed her. They even cuddled together this afternoon for a nap. I know that this was only possible because Baylie is worn out and has less energy for chasing Daisy around. I do believe all of you were right, my vet agreed, that the cats are just doing what they are meant to do and will keep playing and sometimes be rough. The vet doesn't think Daisy will hurt Bailey, so I will try to relax. Thanks for all our your suggestions and comments. I have never had two cats at the same time, so this is a learning experience for me.
By the way, I think that I was premature in thinking that yesterday was cd1. I only had one real time of evidence for that and then still nothing. I read somewhere that it may take around six weeks for a normal cycle to return and this Saturday is six weeks since my surgery. I am not cramping at all, but I am having right hip pain which I almost always get with a new cycle. I will just wait with the patience of Job. Yah, right. I am amazed at Job's faith and I would have failed God's expectations a million times over already.
It was great getting out of the house today. It is the actual getting out of the door that is so hard. I am becoming reclusive, I think.
Another thing weighing on my mind is coming up with questions for my call with Dr. H. next month. I have a few, but I keep wondering if they are crazy questions.
Today has not been to sad for me and I am thankful. I am learning that there is nothing that I truly control, but God still loves me. This sounds simple, but it is something that I am having to learn at different levels all the time. God did not bring me this far to throw me over a cliff. He is in control and he is qualified for the job, I am not.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for getting out of the house! I need to do that today as well. Maybe I'll follow your lead and take a treat to my DH. Oh, to have Job's faith! Your in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baylie came to you when you needed her and she needed you most. You are helping each other heal. Keeping you in my prayers. (and on a lighter note... only 2 pounds! One my cats is about 20! Baylie must be so precious and teeny tiny. Awww!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny to me that you mention Job just because I am always joking with Dh about him. His faith really amazes me and I feel like his doubting wife alot of the time. What is my problem? Anyways, I am glad you got out of the house. Distraction does help to take your mind off of things. Good for you :)
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sweet Baylie!!

    I love kitties. I think there might be something wrong with me because I can't get enough of them!!!!

    Yours is especially cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such true words you wrote at the end of your post. Absolutely God is in control, I need to focus on that truth a lot more than I have. I wish I had another kitten or another puppy, your kitty looks adorable. Glad you got out of the house if only for a short while. Baby steps right?

    ReplyDelete