Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wild House and CD 1




The cats have gone wild. I swear taking care of two cats is more draining than taking care of two active adhd boys! I have done the later, but this cat business is making me crazy. I guess it is just something else to complain about. I am not completely sure we have made the right choice, but we are sticking to our guns and we will make this work, gosh darn it. I know how humans think and react, I don't know anything about a 12 pound adult cat attacking a 1 pound kitten. Just when I think we are making great progress, it backfires. Yes, the cats can coexist, it is just that the kitten has so much energy it wears Daisy out. Baylie wants to play and Daisy does too, but Daisy is just so rough. We keep thinking that when the kitten has enough, she will walk away. Baylie is always the aggressor, always! She jumps right onto Daisy. Baylie still has her claws and Daisy does not, so when she has enough, she bites and that is when J or I get involved. I thought that by the time I would return to work, they would be well-adjusted. I don't know what will happen. When is enough, just enough? I have some cat cubes and now they are fighting over them. We try to give Daisy her down time, but this may not always be possible when we are away at work. It seriously sounds like I have horses in my house. They run from one end of the house to the other. Neither one of the gives up, maybe they are mostly playing. I have no clue. Any cat experts out there. Is this what I am reduced to, talking about cats on my blog about IF. I was chatting with my fertile friend the other day and I said, I guess since I can't have kids, I have cats. She said "I love cat ladies." Give me a break. I know she made that statement without the intention to hurt my feelings, but it still did hurt.
It is cd 1, or at least I hope so. Just VL today. I was sad . . . it has been three whole months since my last period before I lost the baby. I get angry when people tell me that the baby was only just a mass of cells or that they are not quite so sad about the baby bc they are just thankful I am alive. It sucks to be the one to survive sometimes. I know this sounds like enough to commit me to a mental hospital, but it is true. I think that I am really the only one going to mourn the loss of the this child in this intimate way because I was the only one who really felt and sensed this child growing in me. Yes, J will mourn, but his grief is different from my own. Today was just a turning of the page and it made me sad. Even though this is necessary and I was looking foward to a new cycle, an emotional surge surfaced. I did not break down crying, like I have done in the past, I just allowed myself to crawl back in bed and grab my book.
With all of this time off, you would think I would be more productive, but I feel so much less productive. I am back to planning the meals and cooking. This is making J very happy. On Monday, I was on my hands and knees scrubbing our shower and on tuesday morning, I was so sore I could barely crawl out of bed. How truly pathetic is that. I need to vacuum but will wait until later when the cats are calmer.

I was watching tv this morning, big suprise, and the birth control commercial for y.az comes on. Now what woman in her right mind will take some pill that the FDA mandated them to make a new commercial to inform people what the side effects are for takng the meds and remind people what it is truly intended for . . . pregnancy prevention, not to clear up acne or anything else. JUST PREGNANCY PREVENTION!!! Then there is the other commercial that says you can take this pill and have only 4 periods a year. Oh, yeah . . . that is normal and good for your body! WTH? Pregnancy prevention is not in my vocabulary. I just get so sad that people throw away their fertility for convience. Do they know how much I would desire to have FERTILITY! Yet these are the same people who will get prenant on the pill or after stopping it for a month or two. IF smells like rotten eggas and so does losing a much desired for pregnancy. I want so bad to move from the place, but I feel really stuck. I am telling you my moods change like the tide.

11 comments:

  1. The P.lan B. commercials really "kill" me inside. Gosh..shows what kind of world we live in. I cringe when I think about it. We just have to pray for all that think b/c and pla.n b is okay and abor.tions...WTH? So many people don't value the most precious of life.

    I don't have any info for you and your cats. I just have my one. I was thinking about getting a small dog....hmmm....Sounds to me like the cats are playing. Just like with children...the play can get rough. I'm sure it will settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had an awful lot of cats and what you are describing sounds totally normal. The kitten has much more energy and has to torture the adult cat into playing enough to entertain her (not unlike what my brother did when we were kids). Our younger cats maintained this behavior for years...they would deliberately provoke the more sedate-tempered cats to pick a fight. We broke up fights if the smaller one was yowling, but those were only the fights we saw, and they never did any real damage. I think you could get away with not intervening at all, as long as the smaller one is the aggressor. If the bigger cat goes on the attack, you'll need to separate them until she stops. (You could separate them when you're not at home, just to prevent damage to your stuff.)

    P.S. Two cats does not make a cat lady. Your friend needs to do her homework, I'm afraid - I think you have to have at least five or six.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I will offer up all my pain for you especially.

    You suffered a great loss and your feelings are normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE cats. Misfit is right -- five or six at least to be a certifiable cat lady. We have had our two boys for about 8 years. Even though they are the same age, they still have moments when they fight for seemingly no reason. And the little one is usually the tougher one! I've found our big one cowering behind a toilet. The vet said it could be an animal outdoors that sets them off or just that they get carried away with playtime. She said once they are in fight mode, not to step in, just let them work it out -- but if we sense a fight coming on, to distract them. Ours also like to do "racetrack" around the house after using their litter box. They sound like a herd of elephants! Go figure. But yours sound perfectly normal and precious. They'll settle in and get used to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't know much about cats to offer any advice. I think I am a bad animal owner in the first place because my dog has turned my house upside down and I stll can't control him.

    I don't think MC is an easy thing to get over. I would have been offened too about the cat lady phrase. Sorry about that! It doesn't sound crazy to say that you wish your baby could have lived instead of you. I think it just goes to show how deeply a mother loves her baby. It drives me NUTS when someone refers to the baby as a mass of cells. That is life their talking about. Crazy! I was talking to my boss once about my baby being dead in me before I miscarried it and she told me to "stop calling it a baby because it is not one". That really CRUSHED my spirits. People can say the most hurtful things sometime and not even realize it. (((hugs)))
    Also, I think a husband grieves differently than the wife. After all you carried life in you and he didn't. I think about my MC and the whole telling the family thing and how happy we all were often and I know Dh doesn't. He probably thinks more about my suffering the loss than the actual baby dying. Anyways, I hope this hels you realize that your thoughts and pain and greif are normal. Keep your chin up. Everyday is anothr day for healing. Give it PLENTY of time ;)
    ~Amber xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was listening to a radio station the other day. The pastor was describing how great of a sacrifice it was for God to give up his only son to die on the cross.

    He said if you lined me up with my four kids and a murderer said okay who goes, the pastor would say hands down ME. You don't have to think about it.

    So for God to give up His only son was that much more of a sacrifice. And while that made a huge impact on me to see once again the great sacrifice. I totally understand what you mean when you say that.

    My Dear it sounds like God is giving you a taste of the cross in all of its glory. I am inspired by your strength in being able to handle the load! I can't even imagine the grief. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not to worry about being a cat lady- the lady across the street from us has SIX CATS, and I think she has just qualified ;-)

    I totally agree on the feeling you got while seeing those BCP commercials {hug}. I've been praying for you as far as healing from your miscarriage- I don't think you should feel like you have to hurry through the grieving process just because others don't appear to be compassionate to you. I will continue praying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It gets a little ridiculos when your husband walks around the house singing the birthcontrol commerical subconsciously! WTH??? hahaha It's not even funny! Since when was it okay to make birthcontrol commercials! It's poison and ridiculos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cats will settle down eventually. They haven't been together that long yet. And Baylie is young. Her energy will fall to normal adult cat levels as she gets older. Yours just need more time to establish a pecking order.

    My mother took in Dexter, a stray male kitten, about a year ago. Her resident cats didn't take it well. Yucca, the matriarch, would whack him whenever he came within reach, and Tolkein (who looks like your Daisy) would run away. Matata ignored him. It didn't phase Dex a bit, and he'd continue trying to goad them into playing. They all get along now. Dex sleeps most of the day like a typical cat; Yucca hasn't clobbered him in months; and Tolk and Mata treat him like another member of the family. Baylie and Daisy will find a balance soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never had a cat, so I have no cat advice. I'm sorry that someone called you a cat lady; it's a bit weird that she did that.

    I'm keeping you in my prayers, and I'm sorry that you have to deal with seeing the birth control ads after dealing with IF for so long and just having such a horrible loss.

    Call me when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure the cats will settle down sooner or later. Hopefully for your sake it's sooner!

    Hang in there and be easy on yourself. Grief is definitely not linear and physical healing often isn't either. You're not supposed to be "productive" right now.

    The further I go in this journey the more the BC ads drive me nuts. I take it as a sign to pray more for our culture.

    ReplyDelete