Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Nurturing somthing!



This is Baylie. She has been keeping me busy, she was so malnourished when we inherited her. My in-laws found her at the back of their property and we were going to try to give her to my aunt, but my aunt can't take her because of many reasons, so now we are fostering a sweet kitten and wondering if our house can handle two cats. We took Baylie home that night and gave her a bath because she was filthy. We had to change the water twice to finish because the water was so dirty. One highlight of this was bathing her together with J. We worked so well together and enjoyed the common goal of seeing her getting cared for, I could just see us one day getting to do the first bath with our baby. One day, I hope. Anyway, while I dried her off, I realize she is full of huge fleas!!! I am was blown away bc we don't ever see fleas on our cat, Daisy. We ended up getting our kennel out of the shed and letting her sleep in it with a cat bed for the night. I was up very early the next morning to go buy Advantage from the vet for both cats to keep them flea-free. That was on Tueday, and she is now flea free!
We just really feel like we are in a dilemma because our home is not huge, we already have one cat, and we want to have a baby in the near future or by God's grace, adopt a baby. I have no idea what we should do because what if we have a home study done and can't get approved bc we have two cats. Do they even look at this? I don't know if a homestudy is in our future, but I want to know. I know that if we have a baby that is allergic, unfortunately we will have to find loving homes for the cat(s). I have tried not to get attached to the Baylie, but that is near impossible! She is eating well (kitty milk replacer and science diet kitty food) and going to the litter box on her own. We plan to introduce her into our home tonight. Wish us luck, Daisy is very cautious, while Baylie is very loving.
In cycle news, I am on cd 31 and still having 6G several times a day for the last 9 days. I am wondering if one of my hormones are low. I keep feeling like I should be getting a new cycle starting, but it is not coming. It is really overwhelming to try not to be worried about it and just wait until July 21. What if a period never comes. I used to have the worst cycles. I know there are a few of you who have been trained and are CrMS instructors, so I wonder if you could tell me if this type of mucus is common after a pregnancy loss? I did have some of this kind of cm after my miscarriage, but I did not have it for this long and at that time I never heard about the Creighton Model or Napro.

8 comments:

  1. Gummy mucus can be an indication of a cervical inflammation- I would get a cervical check just to see. You can do this with any ob/gyn, doesn't have to be your NaPro Dr.

    As for the kitty, she is sooooo cute!! And it is so nice of you to take her in like that and take such good care of her.
    As for the SW possibly turning you down for having 2 cats... oh honey, if that were the case, I'm up the creek!! I have 2 dogs, 4 cats and 1 chinchilla!! And a (albeit *large*) two-bedroom apartment! Granted, we only told the SW we have 2 dogs and 2 cats (left out 2 cats and 1 chinchilla) because the day of the home visit we plan on keeping 2 cats next door at my in-laws'. The chinchilla has already been moved upstairs to the office. But still... we have our share of animals!
    I think as long as they're healthy and up to date on vaccinations, etc. and well cared for, that shouldn't be an issue. Some birthmothers may not like pets, but some really do and want to place their babies with a family with pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baylie is a beautiful little girl. It takes awhile for most cats to accept each other, especially when they're full grown. My cat starts out stalking the "intruder" but she eventually settles down. After two weeks, she's still stalking, but more to play than to attack. It takes the other cat a little longer to see it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute kitten! I love it when DH and I take care of our dog together- it is just as you describe- we are both hoping we can team up to take care of a baby in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart for taking in a needy kitty. I am sure she's so happy and hence...so loving. Good luck with introducing her to your other cat. I've had a bad experience with that but others say there's never been a problem. We can't have another cat due to our cat's "issues". (I know you've been reading my blog.) I wouldn't worry about the SW, etc. Pets are okay as long as they are vaccinated. I hope AF comes soon so you can move on to another cycle and put your mind at ease. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey LM,

    How many full cycles have you had since your miscarriage? I know after my mc I had cm on days I would accpect it...then again my cycles were really different then my usual ones. I think that is why Dr. H gives you time before ttc again so your cycles get time for the hormones to balance out. The nurses did say that after mc hormones are really up and down for a couple of cycles. I hope this helps. As for the kitten, it is so cute!!!
    Many prayers,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's beautiful. She looks so much like my beloved cat when she was young. You have to keep her! Also, I'm no expert on adoption, but by the time I was in college my family had had at least thirty cats (my dad bred them at one point, there were reasons), so I feel confident on that subject, and I think everyone agrees that cats are happier and healthier in pairs. So I think two is about the same as one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have to keep her!
    I am falling in love with her myself!!!
    She reminds me of my little kitty that we got that is multi-colored. She looks so sweet!
    You have done such a great job nursing her back to health and cleanliness. She will love you forever.
    We have two cats and a dog and our SW never even batted an eyelash about it! In fact, our SW herself has the largest dog in the world (a HUGE greyhound) so she was pretty pet friendly. It is no reason to be excluded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bailey is so cute! My husband isn't too fond of cats, but i love them. When i go visit my mom i hang out with her 3 cats, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete