Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy 9th Anniversary!

Today, J and I are celebrating our 9th anniversary! This year was extra special for us and we took special care in celebrating our marriage today. God has truly blessed us!
I stole this from Living Advent! I thought it would be fun to take some time to reflect on our lives so far!

1. Where/how did you meet: We met at Southern Marble. I had just got a second job while making my way through college. When I pulled in the parking lot for my interview, I knew in my gut that wanted me to know that I would meet my husband there. The funny thing is that when I met the guy who owned the company, I thought God surely has a sense of humor since he was much older than me. I then met some of the other men who worked there (I was the only female besides the owners mom and new wife) who were much older too. Then one day, J walked in the showroom where I worked and we immediately hit it off! God was right, imagine that.
2. How long have you known each other: 10 1/2 years!
3. How long after you met did you start dating: 2 weeks
4. How long did you date before you were engaged: 7 1/2 months
5. How long was your engagement: 10 months
6. How long have you been married: 2 years
7. What is your anniversary: July 1
8. How many people came to your wedding reception: 160
9. What kind of cake did you serve: traditional white cake with vanilla frosting - It was a big hit. It had beautiful little white dots all over and was 3 tiers.
10. Where was your wedding: Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception
11. What did you serve for your meal: Crawfish Etouffee
12. How many people were there in your bridal party: 4
13. Are you still friends with them all: yes
14. Did you or your spouse cry during the ceremony: Yes - we both did!
15. Most special moment of your wedding day: It was all so memorable. I do remember the sharing of peace. We had three priests at our wedding and one of them prayed the entire time and he gave us a special message that God placed on his heart to share with us at that time. He was just so humbled to share the message with us and you can hear him share it with us on the video!
16. Any funny moments: everybody left the church before us and we had to carry out altar flowers because there was a wedding that was going to start shortly after ours. We also rode to the reception in a minivan in the rain! It was a perfect sunny day and then the rain poured down! Our priest told everyone at the mass that there was enough sunshine in the two of us to not be bothered by the weather!
17. Any big disasters: Fortunately we didn't really have any big disasters on the wedding day. Before the wedding day there was of course some drama. My dress almost got stained from when I took my bridal pictures. I took some photos before the weeding a few weeks early at a plantation home and someone overwatered some plants and my train got stained. It all came out, but I was so worried! 18. Where did you go on your honeymoon: We took a cruise to Cozumel, Progresso, and Playa de Carmen. It was wonderful! We spent most of our time in the small cabin! We were so happy in love!
19. How long were you gone: One week
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change: I would have been more patient with my Mom! She was having a hard time letting go.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on: usually on the side closest to the bathroom :)
22. What size is your bed: King
23. Greatest strength as a couple: Our understanding that nothing can be taken for granted.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple: IF, Miscarriage, Ectopic Pregnancy
25. Who literally pays the bills: I write the checks and mail them! He makes most of the money!
26. What is your song: "I will be here" by Stephen Curtis Chapman
27. What did you dance your first dance to: same as #26
28. Describe your wedding dress: a beautiful white gown with lots of beading and crystals. It had short beaded sleeves and a cathedral train.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding: roses and orchids all in white, light pink and lavender
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? What do they say? His is with "Beyond ALL-ways" which means that I will love for always and unconditionally in all ways. My ring was too narrow to have engraving.

This was so much fun! I really liked thinking about the special times in our special day!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!
    This was a fun post to read!

    Been thinking about you. I'm glad you had a nice day with your hubby today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! THanks for sharing your wedding day memories with us...I liked reading about your day...put a smile on my face. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary to you and J. I'm glad you guys had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Anniversary!!! I can't believe I missed this post. It was so enjoyable to read! I love hearing everyone's answers to these questions. It sounds like you all had a beautiful wedding. Many blessings,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated Anniversary! I'm so glad that you filled out the questions! It was fun reading your answers. It sounds like you had a beautiful wedding! Thank you for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete