Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Random moments of my day

I have literally been homebound for the last 3 days unless Jessy drives me somewhere because I haven't been feeling well and the meds I take are not suggesting driving. So Joseph and I hang out at home and while the days have been good, I am running out of fun things to do.
Thank goodness he is such a great little boy with a fun imagination.
Here are the highlights of my wonderful day:
1- started the day with a request to watch George sleep in a igloo. This child's vocabulary amazes me.
2- moving around and his first request for food is a pop-pop. This is not a normal morning request so I laugh and tell him that once he eats breakfast he can have a pop-poo. He is not much morning eater but today he are 3 small bowls of Cheerios and then asked for an orange pop-pop. He got one and for the first time ever, ate it all.
3- we do a lot of water painting so that was his next request (boy he had his own agenda today) and while we painted I put on a bandana and he got the giggles!! So fun! After taking turns wearing the hat I made it into a blindfold and as I out it in myself just being silly he told me "momma, you a pirate!" He tried it and more giggles :))
4- did the regular playing of blocks, trucks, and trains. Then he watched George for half an hour while I cooked supper. Once supper was cooked, we ate lunch and then he asked to play play-dough. While playing we make snakes, pickles, and tasers (tape measures). Random --- yes!!! All Joseph - of course! By the way "of course" is his new phrase. In addition to "I guess."
5- it is the end of the day, time to make rice and beans while waiting for Daddy-o! When daddy walks in Joseph proudly exclaims " I cooking rice daddy-O!" This us while I am sweeping the scattered rice off the floor!
6- oops -almost forgot this gem! Before cooking rice Joseph told me that "he needed to hold Mary and Jesus!" In the moment of exhaustion - I let him hold his favorite miniature statues of Mother Mary and St.Joseph (holding Jesus). He plays in the big bed with them while I sit down with him. He soon discovers his plastic cement truck and has both of their heads in the window and their bodies handing out, later this is whAt found:



I was following close behind to make sure he did not try to flush them!!
7- the last moments of the day is the beauty of what we found that he tucked in under his daddy's blanket and on his daddy's pillow. He put his "squeaky" (Sophie) in his daddy's pillow for him. I know that this was a gesture of love because earlier in the day Daisy was crying and I told her "it is going to be ok" and he ran to where she was and gave her his "squeaky". After doing so, he ran back to me and told me "I give Daisy squeaky". He was so proud to help.




Oh, how I live this boy and all of who he is. I pray I nurture the God in him to always live to serve and love others!

No comments:

Post a Comment