Monday, September 23, 2013

Momma Mary

I refer to our Blessed Virgin Mary as Momma Mary. Joseph knows Jesus, Mary, and Joseph but he often tells "no more payers Momma!" I wish I could say this kid loves to pray, but right now he sometimes would rather go read his story or play with a toy than pray, so I don't make a big deal about, but I do finish my prayers out loud.
Today, however, he was happy to say his prayers. He knelt by Matthew and prayed the Hail Mary with me. As we were leaving he said "I said my payers to Momma Mary." It was that knowing, that familiar relationship tone in which he said it that made my heart soar straight to the heavens!

Nothing, nothing makes me proudest than than knowing seeds are being planted and no matter what comes (or goes) in this life, he will know our Jesus, Momma Mary, God, and St. Joseph!






No comments:

Post a Comment