Monday, September 2, 2013

My crazy lady post ;)

Nearly everyone that has read my thoughts over the years has learned that I believe in signs and the gift of the presence of the dragonfly. In a very strong way, I believe that they are reminders of my dear little Nicky who has since gone on to Heaven. The experience of losing my second child in 2009 nearly did me in. Physically and spiritually. I still miss him (for some reason I always thought of him as a boy and even now I still wish to have know if I had a daughter or a son during that glorious time of carrying them). All of those longing feelings still surface a bit when I am sitting outside, enjoying the day with Joseph, and a dragonfly stops by for a visit. My little (sometimes huge) dragonfly friends always stay for a good while. They just sit and stay . . . even with a wild tornado of a two year old talking to them. Yesterday, a beautiful dragonfly landed on Joseph's bike and the two of us were mesmerized. I usually have my conversations with the dragonfly (see, really a crazy lady here) in silence. I almost always use the reminder of the dragonfly's presence as a reminder to send a message to heaven for our sweet two there, Sam and Nicky. Well, this time, I shared with Joseph about his two older siblings (not that he understood a single thing coming out of my mouth) but he told the dragonfly "Hi and tell Nicky I wuv you." Then, he added in "Sam, too." In those moments there was a reverence and a hope that they heard that small greeting from their little brother. I can only imagine the angels in heaven smiling and Jesus being pleased. On a much lighter note, the other day a very, very large blue dragonfly was flying circles are Jessy and I as we were leaving the porch. This dragonfly has been around awhile and was determined for us to acknowledge him. He was so insistent that he flew right into Jessy's left eye ;) See, I tell you funny stuff, right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment