Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Walker

It is with great excitement (and a few tears) that I get to share that Joseph took his first big steps last night. He has been taking 1-2 steps here and there over the Christmas break, but he walked for his Daddy and I last night for about 6-7 steps. It was really unbelievable to watch. It was just perfect, seeing his Daddy's face light up and we both began to clap for him and he then clapped for a good ten minutes :)) He has been such a happy boy, learning brand new things every single day. I cannot believe he is already 1 and starting to walk. For the most part, I still feel like I am still living a dream. I cannot beleive I am raising and loving our sweet little boy every day and also raising my two teenage cousins. Whew, life is so full. There has been the reminder of loss here in our home lately. Our sweet Bailey got sick over the weekend and we brought her to the vet and she is still on the mend. The bloodwork showed that her liver enzymes were not right and it was making her dehydrated and very sick. They gave her fluids and we are doing meds fo her for 14 days in the hopes that she will make a miraculous recovery. It is very sad because she wants me and only me right now and when she is near me, Joseph wants her. She is moving more, jumping more, and eating a bit more along with drinking more water. The meds are hard to get down for her, so sad. She is only two years old and this sickness came out of the blue. She is the one who healed my broken heart after the loss of Nicky. She came into our lives about 3 weeks after the loss of the baby and she and I slept on the recliner together for three solid weeks until I was ready to sleep in our room again. She was very tiny and fragile and slept on my chest most of the time. It is hard to watch her suffer. She seems so hallow, but her spirit is just so friendly still. Our whole family, all five of us along with Daisy, just adore our Bailey so we are all praying that she is better very soon.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to the new walker!
    Hope your puppy heals well.
    Thank you so much for the card and gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that Joseph is walking! It seems like he was only born yesterday!

    I hope that the puppy feels better soon. It's always tough when our animals are sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Bailey, hope she is better soon. That is great about Joseph walking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Joseph! Little people walking is one of the best things ever. It's so funny to see someone so short standing upright and being mobile. :)

    I hope Bailey is better soon!

    ReplyDelete