Monday, January 30, 2012

Creatively Vocal & Second Year

These past few days have been interesting . . .well, at least that is the kind way to describe it!
 
It turns out I really know very little about raising a child!  Not a big deal really, but for some reason I forgot that as they learn to begin using their voice, they do lots of shrieking, screaming, and other high-pitch sounds that make you want to find yourself a Heath Blizzard and a quiet closet to hide in!!! 
 
He has always been very vocal and trying to imitate sounds but for the life of me, I really thought I was screwing him up in some significant way when all he wanted to do was shriek, holler, etc very loudly!!!  I had recently been teaching him to go "ahhh" with his mouth open to show me his mouth is empty or so that when he sees the doctor, they can look at his mouth & throat with little resistance.  Well, I always say the "ahhh" softly, but he loves to say it VERY LOUDLY!!!  I think he has the mechanics down now so I will lay off of that for awhile!
Another thing that happened this past weekend, he bit his friend Malorie on the cheek!  We think he was kissing her, but got a bit carried away.  I was heartbroken, as was she!  She kept telling him "Come on . . . let's play but NO BITING"  Whew.  They say the terrible twos begin witht he second year of life, not when they turn "2".  I have a friend who says her kids are "terrifically two"! 
 
I keep thinking that to myself!  On top of that, just the small act of me turning away from him these days sends him into crying mode, not just whining but full on tears and red face.  Once i turn around and he can see my face and hear my voice he is ok.  While I do love how attached he is, it is a bit draining when I am alone with him during the day and need to bring the hamper down the hall, cook lunch, etc. 
 
I am not trying to complain, I am so grateful that these are the big issues in my life right now, but I am writing them in the hopes that someone can offer some encouragement that this is a stage, that I am not ruining my child in some unknown way, etc.
 


 
In the Love of Christ,
Crystal
 
"I set before you life & death, blessings and curses; CHOOSE LIFE, so that you and your children will live!"  Deuteronomy 30:19

No comments:

Post a Comment