Friday, January 13, 2012

Quick Takes

While I am siting near Joseph sleeping, I decided I have time for a quick takes post. Here goes: 1. The weather here has been really chilly and Joseph's first reaction this morning when we stepped out the door this morning was a very discontented wrinkling of his nose and squishing his eyes :) One more reason to fall in love with him all over again. 2. No one slept last night . . . oh wait, at brief spells, Joseph slept and his Daddy and I did not! I actually made an appointment today to get his ears checked because it seemed (in all of my 3 am alertness) that he was rubbing his ears alot when he was waking up. He saw the doctor and she said his ears looked perfect but that he is getting a few more teeth on each side and on top/bottom so we just need to grin and bear it!! No, really, poor child the ibuprophen did nothing to ease his pain last night. He just wanted me . . . all night long. 3. We had a pregnancy hope (not scare) this week and it has been draining!!! Oh, how my heart dreamed and hoped. I was a bit shaken up about it for many reasons but alas, it is not the time for us. I did, however, unearth all of my charting stuff this week before thinking I could have possibly gotten pregnant. 4. I am still struggling big time with raising two teenage boys who do not seem to understand that we mean what we say and when the expectations we set out for them in the nature of rules is not followed, there will be consequences. The part I am struggling with most is that I am worried about my attitude in dealing with their behavior. I really need some mentors of good christian parents who are doing it right. Parenting is hard, but parenting children who have never been parented before is like climbing Mt. Everest for me!! 5. I really need to get in shape and start eating healthy. I try and then I fail. Food is a huge downfall for me and I need a huge injection of willpower. 6. Last night I was reading about postpartum depression and the use of progesterone support in helping ease the nature of PPD. I have to say that getting those PIO injections in the days that followed Joseph's birth and our coming home were a saving grace for me. I did not necessarily feel 'depressed' but I had lost all appetite (not good for a nursing mom), could not sleep, was excessively worried about Joseph,and was having heart pains. The only way I could describe it then was what I imagined a heart attack would feel like. I explained to one of my aunts when it was happening and she said it sounded like a panic attack. Outwardly, I was calm, but on the inside, I was falling apart and did not know why. I talked to PPVI and got help immediatley and did 5 shots of PIO and felt better immediatley. After the first dose, I was able to eat. Praise God, if you find yourself struggling with this cross, please get help. There is help available. 7. Joseph got his Flu vaccine today and two other vaccine shots. It takes a huge amount of grace for me to do these and schedule those appointments. HUGE!!! I literally pray the majority of the day that there will be no adverse side effects. We do have a fabulous pediatrician that uses an alternative schedule and this brings much peace to my heart. Have a great weekend, everyone! Be assured of my prayers for you all and your families!

1 comment:

  1. I may not yet be a parent, but as a teacher I know that I have to set strict boundaries for my students. I'm not always popular, but the kids know what my expectations. I try not to have too many rules and I hope that they can regulate themselves, but often we have discussions about what the expectations in class are. I have to constantly remind myself that I don't need to be liked -- which isn't always easy!

    ReplyDelete