Sunday, January 15, 2012

13 months

Joseph turned thirteen months old today and it was the first time, I did not wake up and know it right off the top of my head! I realized as I was feeding him lunch, he just laughed at me when I told him "Happy 13 months"!! So for the very forgetful and nutty woman that I am, we went yesterday to get his 1 year pictures done, because of course I had to do it while he was still 12 months old :) He just growing and moving and learning so much these days. I am astounded several times a day at how fast he is learning new skills and growing in independence! He is now 26.5 lbs and 31.5 inches, whew, no wonder my back aches these days! He is still a super snuggle bunny and loves to race across the floor in the living room and jump in my lap as fast as he can. He is still doing a few steps here and there, but his main mode of transportion is crawling unless he is using his push toy otherwise he is walking all over the house! He loves to talk and now he is fake sneezing!!! This boy is a character and oh, how I love him! My biggest accomplishment with him lately is trying to give him healthy foods to eat. He is a slow, choosy eater and now is tolerating more vegetables and fruits! Woo HOO!! This thrills me to no end. He is not much of a meat eater at all. Bread on the other hand, is quite addicting for him so we have to be very selective on that when bringing it out! I told my husband yesterday on the way home, "Sometimes I just look at him and think 'we almost missed you.' Meaning it took a great deal of faith and huge process to wait for him and believe me he was so worth the wait!!!

2 comments: