Sunday, January 29, 2012

Little to Big

Yesterday we took a road trip to see some of our closest friends and we were able to meet Max for the first time! He was born on January 5 and so he was a little bitty 3 week 3 day old little one!! Be still my beating heart, he was just so tiny!!! So beautiful and just perfect, looked like he still belonged in his Mommy's tummy! I told Jessy that I really cannot remember Joseph being that small. EVER... It just seems impossible to me, so of course I took a trip down memory lane and just adored those first moments again by looking at all the gorgeous pictures of him! How a baby grows so fast, so quickly is beyond me! While I am loving this new stage of learning, growing, and independence (minus the new tantrums he has begun)I cannot believe that we are already at this stage. I know that I will blink and he will be 3 learning to potty in the big pot, be 8 and learning to multiply, be 16 asking for money to go somewhere, and I wonder will I remember these days any better than I remember those first few weeks? I will never, ever regret taking so many pictures of these moments! They will be a reminder of the love we shared, the lessons learned, and the moments that still make me close my eyes just to embrace all the love that is being bestowed on me! I find myself just enjoying those sweet moments when they just really want to cling to you . . .hold you tight, and rest their head softly on your shoulder. Even today, while attending a birthday party that he LOVED at Chuck E. Cheese (while I greatly hope he never asks for) he was holding my neck tight, resting his head on my shoulder and just watching the surroundings. I closed my eyes and just tried to burn that moment into my memory! Being a mom to Joseph still takes my breath away. Not every moment these days is ideal or peaceful, he is now showing his very creatively vocal side that I am not the slightest bit fond of, but the moments that are dripping with honey from the heavens - that stops me in my tracks and reminds me that this - THIS - is what I longed for, this is what I prayed for, and this is what I am not deserving of but am so grateful to GOD for!!! Joseph you are growing and I am trying to teach you how to do that in a loving way, I hope we enjoy so many more special moments together. Your very presence is changing me and not in the ways I imagined, but in much greater ways filled with holy glory!

1 comment:

  1. Love it...preserve those memories forever! They are so precious.

    ReplyDelete