Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Day

My days are getting so full - full of wonder! Joseph is 15 weeks old already and he is growing so big! He is a babbling little fella who loves, loves, loves his Daddy-o! He is now saying "Maaa Maaa" I thought it was my imagination last weekend, but he has continued to say it each time he is ready to cuddle with me and go to sleep. We rock as I hold him close to me and I either sing to him or simply hum. Speaking of sleep, he is finally feeling better and sleeping so much better! Praise God! I figure I complain enough about some things, but I really want to remember that for awhile he has been sleeping 6-7 1/2 hour strectchs at night. This helps us keep up with his new energy levels :) He is so long he cannot wear any of his 3-6 mo. pjs. It is crazy how many amazing clothes he is not able to fully use. A few nights ago I wrestled one onto him and snapped a few pictures - he was literally busting out the seams of the feet pjs. He can still wear the regular clothes, just the footed ones are not working for him! He is trying to roll over, he almost gets there and then realizes that he is stuck! Today when my heart was so heavy with grief for a sweet friend, he giggled and made me feel so underserving to spend my days with him. I love him. I love being his mommy. Today, I went to the post office while my husband cared for Joseph as he napped. My husband told me when I got home that he just layed on our bed and watched Joseph sleeping in his bed and he just could not believe that he is our son. I think that when he is 18 and we are telling him to turn down his stereo we will stilled be filled with wonder that we have him in our life.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Love this beautiful everyday moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot agree with you more. It's amazing when you stop to think how incredibly lucky you are to have not just any baby in your life, but this one. And it's incredible to watch them change, grow, and slowly become an individual with likes and dislikes and opinions.

    I really don't think they size infant clothing correctly. It's much too small, and you can find clothing for two separate age spans that are exactly the same size. We have two pairs of pants for our LO that are exactly the same style and brand differing only in color. One is sized 3 - 6 month; the other, 6 - 9 month. They are the exact same size when you hold them up to each other.

    ReplyDelete