Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Sacrifice, My Blessing

This morning I woke up with the sniffles. Just thought it was a result of barely any rest because Joseph had an 'awake' night. He was not really fussy, just AWAKE! At one point after I just put him back to sleep, he woke up crying and I actually told him "Please stop crying." My husband was feeling better this time so he took over and let me rest some more. That was the best gift ever.

Joseph and I tried to make it to mass today to get our Ashes and all I can say is that the effort to go was enough. We got there early, sat in the cryroom and he was great, until the homily was being shared by the bishop. Joseph began to cry and I could not get him to be at peace. I ended up leaving with no ashes and no communion. As I left with him so distraught in my arms I knew, in the deepest part of my heart, that one year ago I would have given my left foot (and leg, arm, or even liver - hahaha) to have this problem. So there will be no complaints.

NONE.

I was able to have a baby, MY BABY, need me in a special way and there was no other place I would have rather been. I was exactly where I needed to be.

Just for laughs, I will say that I was able to go visit a friend after mass and for the most part, he did well. Yet, I had to go to w.al.mart after that to get groceries and there was no possibility of putting that off and guess what Joseph did the whole time we were there . . . he slept . . . like an angel. I think that was pure grace!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope that you and Jessy are both feeling better SOON. I know it has been a long time with all of this sickness in your house and I'm sure you guys are eager to have it gone!
    I'm sorry that your little guy didn't cooperate at church yesterday. It's funny how sometimes they're fussy at just the wrong time and sometimes peaceful and happy at just the right time... but you never know! I love your attitude about it, though. No complaints! Motherhood isn't always easy, but it is what we so desperately prayed for and desired. Therefore, even on hard days, it's a blessing!

    ReplyDelete