Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sometimes I forget

Sometimes I forget just what a miracle Joseph is to everyone in our little world.

Sometimes I forget just how much a baby fills the hollows of the heart when you are feeling like there is no joy in your world.

Sometimes I forget how painful infertility is to live with everyday of your life when all you desire is a child of your own.

I was reminded of all of this yesterday.

I was walking near my sweet aunt who is so special to me and our family trying to console Jospeh outside of the funeral home while attending the services for my great aunt and she got tears in her eyes just looking at our sweet Joseph. She has not been able to have a child of her own.

At that moment, I loved my aunt even more because I know that she would give anything to know the joy of being a mother and yet she only shows joy for our miracle!! I have never been as strong as her in that one moment!

5 comments:

  1. Your aunt is one special woman! Beautifully said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never actually "forget" because even in the most tumultuous of days, you know in the back of your mind you're lucky to have those days with your LO. There's always someone or something to bring that fact forward so you can appreciate it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful. And yeah.... I can barely remember the pain of infertility anymore. It definitely changed me forever, but I'm positive it made me a better mom.

    ReplyDelete