Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Creighton

I know, two posts in a matter of minutes.

While visiting my friend today she asked me about what was involved in getting certificed to be a Creighton Model instructor. I shared with her about what I learned when I checked into it awhile ago (probably 18 mo ago) but at the time I was trying to convince myself that if Iwas able to show the world that it worked for me, then they would buy into it even more. Well, you all know my story and there were many twists and turns along the way. My husband was not really on board with it for some reason (I found out tonight his reasons and they are workable). I still feel very called to pursue this. Can I do it?

I know that I will need the support (financial) to complete this but I have no idea where to start.

I remember talking to Dr. Hilgers about this, telling him I wanted to bring this healing to LA. There is so much hope for healing. I have the qualifications, having a B.S. in Pyschology, etc.

So my question to all of you trained, did you all have the backing of your local diocese or a doctor/clinic?

Everyone that meets Joseph is intrigued to know more about how to care for their fertility. I want to help bring the truth to them and I do so in my limited way but I want to do more. Do any of you know of any scholarships or sponsors? There are really no doctors in the area that buy into Crieghton locally to get their support. Any advice will be appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about what Creighton practitioners need to do or have...

    but I do know that God puts things on your heart spiritually that may also be what you need to pursue in real life...

    all the adoption/IF blogs I have been following have been whispering to me that maybe I should start to practice in the area of adoption law as well (I do real estate and estate planning mostly)...

    and a good friend just told me they are waiting to adopt a child with Downs Syndrome and she wants to use me as their attorney!

    So I guess God wants to me to at least check this out!

    It seems like he is asking you to do the same!!

    Good luck my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My suggestion is just to apply to a program that you can get to (there is one right near me!) and just do it. The $ will come and the Holy Spirit will equip you with everything you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DO it!! Oh my gosh, LA needs soooo many more people who know NFP!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I do not think I ever posted on your blog-I saw your blog on TCIE blogroll and I was curious with your title of this post. I too, have been praying about this. I hope the Holy Spirit guides us to our decisions soon! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete