Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ear infection and Rambling

Me, thankfully! I would be so broken hearted if it was Joseph that got one.

I only remember getting one twice in my life and it is miserable. Especially at 3 am when you are trying to get your baby to sleep after eating.

My steriod shot seems to be working and I am on my way to bed.

The new doctor managed to make me feel a bit bummed about giving Jospeh formula and I cried when I got home. I did not even go into all of the issues with him. He tried really hard to tell me that 6 weeks of pumping was a really good start for Joseph. All I can do is pray that it is enough. I don't know how some of you super moms do it, but I thought my head was going to explode last night.

Thankfully we caught it early. I am on full duty with Joseph! I don't have the luxury of being sick, which is the truth for all moms.

Joseph's spit up is increasing lately. Today was better than yesterday, though. It just wears you out wanting to not see your baby uncomfortable because he makes faces with them.

This week I got to get out of the house to visit a dear friend and her daughter. That visit and their friendship do me a world of good! The walls of my house get so boring.

Ok, heading to bed. I might get an hour in before Joseph wakes up to eat.

I am so excited to announce that Joseph's baptism is scheduled. I thought it would be special if we could have him baptized on his Patron Saint's Feast Day and I am thrilled!

Some days Joseph's crying is improving, but that was not today or last night! It probably did not help that I was pathetically feeling sorry for myself.

Oh, one last thing. My new doctor's (PCP) is pretty cool. There is christian music to listen to while you wait, photo albums of their mission work, and bibles in the lobby and in the exam rooms. I did not notice them til I was leaving because I was reading an article on COLIC. Yes, this is my life and I am thankful for it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry! That is awful suffering. I am glad you are on your way back to health, and don't feel bad about the nursing. My sister has chronic health issues, and she couldn't nurse her babies. They are all three strapping, athletic boys and in the gifted classes at school. You are doing just fine, and six weeks of breastmilk is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leila! It is encouragement like this that gets me through each day!

    C, thanks for the encouragement! I am feeling so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better! Like Leila said, it's great that were able to give him breastmilk as long as you did. It was great to talk to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Six weeks of breast milk is huge! You gave him all of those great anti-bodies for his new immune system right in the middle of flu season. Good job Mama! Hang in there. Colic, reflux, fussiness, etc. all pass quickly--the cuteness factor of a new son lasts forever!

    ReplyDelete