Saturday, December 25, 2010

Our First Christmas

Last night and in the wee hours of this morning, I found myself in tears simply from the awe that we are miraculously a new family of three.

My heart is so overjoyed. I cannot even begin to describe the joy my heart is feeling.

Our new life as a momma and daddy has been challenging, but we are so grateful that we have God as our companion to help us discern how to meet Joseph's needs. He is doing well, resting well, and eating well (after some adjustments)! He is the most spectacular miracle I have ever experienced.

He is the answer to so many prayers & offered sacrifices. Everyone who visited us in the hospital and once we arrived home have met Joseph with tears in their eyes beacuse we have all just had to so much faith trust was going to join our family one day.

I am just so thankful to be Joseph's Mommy. Not just anyone's mommy, but Joseph's Mommy!

My husband has been so faithful, loving, and patient! I have fallen more in love with him in the last 10 days and I never knew that my love for him could grow to these amazing proportions.

I hope to share the story of meeting Joseph for the first time soon! We are smitten! We are so blessed and feel so grateful for God entrusting this little soul to us.

The weather is not great for getting a newborn out, so we are going to cuddle up and stay home today. My mom is a bit disappointed, but understands. We hope to bring him to see her soon, once the weather warms a bit! I am so protective and do not wish to have a sick baby on our hands. He deserves us to make good choices for him and so far God has led us to make the best decisions for him and his health, praise God!

3 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you are all home and doing well as a family of three. Husbands can be so amazing...I know I fall in love with mine more and more. Thankful...so thankful..he's in my life.

    Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in awe of your gratitude for Joseph. It is such a delight to read your posts and see the love you exhibit for your son, husband and our dear Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blessing - cuddling up with a newborn against a cold day. Enjoy yourself today and that bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete