Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Quiet Days

I have been stalking some blogs just waiting to see how this weekend went for those on the BW weekend. I was a little sad all weekend that I couldn't join yall. I am so glad it was so life=giving for those that went though! God is moving!
Life over here seems to be moving so slow! I am only on cd 14. I had had the strangest CM pattern that I had to just motivate myself to chart. I ran out of charts and tried to order one two weeks ago and no one sent one to me, so if any of you have some ideas on where I can order some new ones, let me know. I hate having to wait so long with the place I typically order them from, but it is mainly volunteers and no one works in the office on a regular basis. Enough about that.
I did try to get creative and did a chart on the computer so that I can see what is really happening. This could possibly be my P day, only time will tell. I am not having the kind of CM that we were able to conceive on so I am discouraged. We are supposed to avoid days of fertility right now and while that may sound freeing, it is very different and not all that much fun! There is a purpose in all of this. I am trying to lose a few pounds but I have been crazy hungry the last three days. Do people really get the munchies around ovulation time? We had homemade hamburgers tonight with some healthy ole doritos!! Oh, with a side of dill pickles :) Very nutritious I tell you!
Work has really been very difficult, but I finally did talk to my director and expressed my feelings. Thankfully, he listened objectively. I don't know if I accomplished anything, but I feel much better.
We have been having lots of game nights with my in-laws lately and it has been fun. You should see them love on our cats. It really suprises me how much joy they find in their little antics.
Baylie and Daisy are getting along great these days, although Daisy would probably love it if Bay was not such a hog when eating. We have to give Daisy a chance to eat by herself because Bay is such a little hungry monster! Fun days!
We will be heading out to see our godson this weekend in anticipation for his first birthday. I remember the day he was born. It was one month before my open surgery with Dr. H and I was so hopeful that I could find myself in the maternity ward in a year or so! Well, life does send us curveballs, but I am still so thankful that I was at the hospital the day he was born. Our sweet, little godson - we are so thankful for him!
Hope you all have a great week! Still saying prayers that we will all have many bright days ahead!

5 comments:

  1. That is so funny that your family is loving your cats. My parents love our cat. They take care of him at their house when we go away. My mom says that he talks to her and just loves his belly rubbed. I think they love his company and he likes going there Sometimes he's really quiet when we bring him back home. :(.... It's funny that you mentioned getting charts...I'm almost finished with another one and I'm thinking of just making something up on the computer myself. I'm not going to see the Creighton instructor again...so I have to come up with something. hmmmm...time to play with Excel! My dh is really good at the computer...I'll have him do it. I hope you enjoy your time with your Godson. I have had those thoughts about the future being MY TURN in having a Christening, 1st bday etc. I'm still waiting for MY TURN. Oh well...when God is ready. I had to go private with my blog...email me at prayerfuljourney@charter.net if you want me to add you on the list. I do enjoy our little blog friendship...many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of curious how the weekend went too (but I haven't seen any stories yet, I don't think). Maybe they're all still sleeping it off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wish I could have gone on the trip. I'm sorry you are having issues getting charts. I'm sorry you're frustrated about not being able to use fertile days; it must be very frustrating especially since you would like a pregnancy. I hope your physical healing goes quickly and you are able to start trying again soon. I'm praying for you as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking of you lately and just wanted to touch base and say hi. Hope you have a great weekend with your godson! He's fortunate to have you in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was stalking blogs, too! Glad I wasn't the only one.

    ReplyDelete