Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Yah for less pain!!!

I am finally feeling better. I have been taking pontsel every six hours on the dot though. I still have some back pain on the left, but basically I am 90% better than yesterday. I am so thankful to be feeling better. Did a cycle review today. They were concerned about the pain I was experiencing. If the pontsel did not work, I think I would be panicking. I am trying to not let fear drown out any of the light God is trying to shed into my life and soul at this time. I will continue on all of the meds and vitamins, except we are going to change up the clomid dose and see how this will help me have an earlier P day and increase my hormone levels. I can't wait to see if this works. We will continue to avoid days of fertility until I have good levels of progesterone and estradoil.
As I am typing this, I wonder where this hope that a better cycle is possible is coming from? I am hoping that I do not overstimulate my poor overworked and tired ovaries. I am supposed to be using this time of "avoiding fertility" to work on developing healthy eating habits and learning to exercise MORE! I have been feeling so bad, that has not happened. Everyday is a new beginning though!! I can keep getting back up.
The nurse did tell me the result of my cortisol level at the 9am draw on 8/14. The result was 9.9 (I think) and she did not tell me when Dr. Hilgers will determine if I have adrenal fatigue or not and if there is a treatment plan we can start.
Does anyone have any ideas about what my results could mean or how do these compare with the results you have had when tested? Any imput will be helpful!

7 comments:

  1. That would be low on the scale that was used for me. The normal morning range on my scale was 13-24. I was at 6, which was considered very low. I am still surprised that Dr. H doesn't test four times throughout the day. If your morning comes back low, does he then test the rest?

    Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better too. I pray for continued healing...and I love new days...especially when I really indulge one day! THere's always tomorrow to get back on the wagon. I'm always trying to watch what I eat and go for my walks. It such a battle sometimes. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better. I don't know about the cortisol levels, but I hope that you find out more soon. Hopefully your levels will normalize relatively quick so that you don't have to continue to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm really glad you're feeling better....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think mine was like 11.5 or 12.5. Can't remember what the scale was, but I was in the "normal range" but on the lower side of it. But it was my symptoms primarily that had me diagnosed with moderate (not just mild) adrenal fatigue. Yours sound low to me, too.

    I'm glad that you are feeling better! It sounds like you have a good plan for this upcoming cycle, too. I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just want to tell you I'm so glad you're feeling better. So sorry you were in so much pain.

    Praying for you! Thanks for your constant support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you're feeling better and that you have hope for a better cycle ahead. I continue to pray for you and J everyday.

    ReplyDelete