Monday, June 10, 2013

Mary

 

♥

A few days ago, I was walking up to the home of a friend, and Joseph was so excited, he was running to get to the door.

He slowed down when he saw their statue of Mary near the front door.  Their statue was painted and looked much nicer than the one on our porch that he visits with sometimes. 

In the most innocent, pure, and holy way that one a can toddler can speak I hear these beautiful words:

“Hi Mary, it’s me Joseph.”

Oh, my heart swelled with gratefulness that he KNOWS his Momma Mary, no matter where he is, but my first reaction was to tell him “Oh, baby, she already KNOWS your name. . . . and she has loved you for so long.”

Tonight, I sang “On Eagles' Wings” to him and then we moved on to “Hail Mary, Gentle Woman”.  I really felt grateful that his body relaxed and he surrendered to sweet sleep being reminded about God’s great love for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment