Thursday, June 2, 2011

Update on our little life . . .

While we have been having fun with Joseph, sleep (even a little) would do us wonders. Joseph has not slept well of for longer than 2 hrs at a time for over 11 days. His best sleep is in the crook of my arm either in the rocker or in our bed. It has been a little hard to be cheerful at 10, 11, 1, 3 am, etc. If I wanted to toot my own horn, I have to say that my daytime parentings skills far outshine my nighttime parenting skills. It has been rough and yet I am grateful that I am even having a wonderful reason like him to be losing sleep. He has been happy for the last 5 days or so. The doctor wanted to change his formula and his reflux meds. To say that the beginning of the change and the days leading up to it were less than desirable are truly an understatement. When we added in a few T. of baby food he started waking up with severe reflux and it would all land on his sheets as soon as I would get him. He truly has a problem with acid in his belly or something. It was miserable while it was going on, but sleep is still very hard. He used to sleep from 9pm to around 330 am and now he is going down around 8pm and waking up at 10, 1130, 1am, etc. He only eats once during the night and is very easy to console and put back to sleep but he is just not sleeping well in his own bed and we are just not working the cio theory because this just makes him feel much worse and and is counter productive. My husband is running on fewer fumes than I am at this time. For Joseph it is not so much of a sleeping issue but a positioning for sleep issue.

In other news, though, he is doing awesome. He has learned to start eating his toes and thinks they are about the best thing next to the warm milk! He also rolled once from his belly to back. He also went with a sitter for the first time yesterday. My friend, C, watched him for me for almost 2 hours so that I could go to get my first mammogram, etc. He did pretty well for her but it was the first time he was not with my husband or myself. My stomach was a complete ball of knots. We made it, probably a bigger milestone for me than him. My friend made it seem effortless and told me she was honored to be asked to be the one to watch him. I sure have some amazing friends!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry that Joseph hasn't been feeling well and can't sleep well. I'm glad he was good for your friend when she babysat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sorry about your lack of sleep and Joseph's reflux, hopefully his doctor can figure something out to bring some normalcy back to your house.

    and even though my MIL babysat my twins for my first outing, I still cried like a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last commenr was from me Hafsa, I had to use my livejournal account so I could comment :)

    ReplyDelete