Friday, June 17, 2011

Joseph is 6 months old!

What a huge miracle it is that I am able to write about my child reaching (and passing) the sixth month mark. He is such a great baby and everyday I am learning to be his Mom. My first thought as we celebrated this milestone was "Wow, time is flying by!" My second thought was "We have survived the first six months!"

He is growing so big and learning new tricks everyday! He is a very busy baby, starting to do a bit of coordinated hands/knees movements that are very close to crawling. He is sitting up so much better independently and even activating his little piano while sitting up. He is still loving his baths and is fascinated with ducks of any kind! We have also been spending more time outside, mostly with him in his swing, and he loves it. He just smiles the whole time.

He is so much happier on his new reflux medication and with the change of his formula. and the fussiness is so much better. He sleeps about 10 1/2 hours at night and only wakes to eat once around 3 am. He was going until about 6 am, but he would be sleeping restlessly, so I feed him and he sleeps more soundly until he wakes for the day Don't get me wrong, we are still dealing with several wake-ups in the night and since he sleeps in a bed next to ours, I pick him up and comfort him back to sleep and put him back in his bed. He still feels the need to touch me alot during sleep or I should say to fall into a deep sleep so we are not near where we need to be, but it is still progress. He is a very light sleeper. Like his Daddy, not me!

He loves to wake up in the morning babbling and smiling. One of my favorite times of the day! He is making all kinds of sounds and loves to do funny things with his tongue, especially make bubbles. Speaking of bubbles, he loves me to blow bubbles for him. He is so smart and very observant which makes naps on the go a no-go!! Oh, no! Yest this IS the life I dreamed about and the good moments make tough ones easier to bear.

In good cajun fashion, this child loves to eat! He has tried carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, bananas, and pears. By far, his favorite is bananas! Carrots were really tough on his sensitive digestive system so that was a one-shot thing fr now.

He likes to have his nuk, pacifier, to go to sleep. So far, this is the only time he wants it, woo-hoo! His well baby visit is set for 7/7/11! So we shall see height and weight numbers then.

Happy 1/2 Birthday, lil' one! We love you so much!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 6 months, Joseph! You have made the world a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe this little sweet angel is already six months old! What a great age, and he is so loved!!!

    ReplyDelete