Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Days

These past few days have been filled with happiness. A baby getting more sleep will do that to ya!

We made a road trip as part of my husband's father's day gift/celebration and it was fun. Since I am not working, I used some our earned points and cashed them in to get him a gift card to his favorite store, Bass Pro! My fil, D, and Joseph even posed with my husband outside the store to take a little picture to remember their first trip as a trio to the store I am sure Joseph will come ot love, too! He already fell in love with the ducks and fish there. I was quite amazed at how much he enjoyed observing the animals already. He loves to adore the cats here at home, but they are LARGE and easy to spot. He reached for and petted Baylie yesterday! She just ran. Poor cat :)

Joseph is doing some serious teething, but no sign of a tooth yet. Yesterday he munched on a half frozen fig and then later some cantaloupe. He did some serious damage to both in the mesh hand-held feeder he has to eat them with. Some things just take time, teething is one of them!

I don't have much time to blog these days, we are spending more time outside, playing, swinging, doing some fun (amateur) photo shoots. The pictures are coming out great, but I do have a beautiful model!

He is currently in the jumperoo! My little lifesaver! He plays while I cook, wash dishes, fold clothes, and blog - hahaha! Yesterday he munched on a fig, while I put on fresh sheets on the beds. He still is very much a momma's boy and we have really been enjoying snuggling together!

On a side note, I can't seem to comment on many blogs anymore. A few still recognize me and allows me to post a comment on your blogs but many will not let me at all. And some I have to do it "Anonymonusly" but I still sign my blogger name at the end.

Yesterday, one of our great neighbors came by to bring us the figs and fresh garden tomatoes. Well, she spent awhile with us visiting and it was like a breath of fresh air! She loved on Joseph and he adored her. She is in her late 70's and tells her how much she loves him! My heart was caught in my chest, because I wish his great grandparents were here to enjoy him, too!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same problem with posting comments. Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble clued me in that it has to do with cookies - 3rd party cookies, apparently. I eventually figured out how to "fix" the problem through this site: http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/2010/11/enabling-cookies-and-scripts-in-your.html. This link explains what the problem is: http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/2011/01/technical-sophistication-of-your-blogs.html.

    By the way, how does the mesh feeder work for you? It sounds like one method of teaching a baby to chew solid food. I don't know if our Kate is ready for finger foods, but I'm paranoid about trying to find out. I don't want her to choke if she isn't ready for the concept of chewing yet. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete