Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tricks

Joseph is showing new tricks the last few days!

He can now get into a sitting position by himself from tummy position! So funny and so helpful!!

I first discovered he could do this yesterday when I put him in his crib for a bit so that I could make him a new toy area in the living room. I put him down on his back so he could roll to his tummy and I came back and he was sitting up playing with his giraffe!

He did get the big deal of I why I was shaking my head and thinking wondering why he has to grow so fast.

The good news around here was short lived because we were up every 1/2 hour last night. He had the worst gas. His poor belly suffers so much. We are not feeding him anything we should not, so we only wonder what baby foods would cause the least amount of gas. Does anyone have any clue? It is a struggle. It was so hard. I did not feel well, was really sore with my hip and could not sleep anyway but it was hard to see him hurting and not be able to rest even though he was super tired. His poor little legs would thrash and I would massage his belly, give him gas medicine, have him ride the bicycle with his legs and what it took was time for it to pass.

My writing seems to revolve around Joseph, parenting, and his overall development simply because I am using this as my online journal since I can scarcely find my real journal or a pen for that matter.

3 comments:

  1. Do you use Mylacon? (Mylicon? Mylecon? LOL)
    It helps 100% with gas.
    I have a tooty baby too.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of my kids suffered with terrible gas. When I was in the hospital after having #2 an older nurse taught me a little trick that is just amazingly helpful. Take a dish towel and warm it in the microwave on 100% power for 30 seconds. Put on baby's tummy and rock in the chair (and burp him while roking) Awesome! I did use the drops, too, like Cathy said, but for some reason they didn't help very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can buy baby hot water bottles on Amazon that you can use on their tummy. My mom swears by them, and she had 6 kids, so I'm taking her word on that one even though I haven't had to use it yet.

    ReplyDelete