Sunday, June 1, 2014

Uh-oh, first time parenting


Joseph and I have been playing host to a wretched summer cold lately.  It is wretched because it is lingering and it is summer for goodness sakes.  We are just ready to be well.  
So our schedule is so messed up and when we went to get Joseph dressed this morning I noticed a few red spots on his back and shoulder.  A few hours later,   I took him to the bathroom and noticed the red spots multiplied and were on his belly, chest, hips, and a few on his inner thighs.  I will admit I immediately thought of chicken pox, Jessy wondered about measles.  Within seconds, I had a pit in my stomach.  We initially went to town to get me to the doctor but I decided my cold would be better soon (I hope) so instead we went there for him.  Best appt ever for him (he still thinks we were there for me).  He climbed on the school bus table, fingerprinted his handprint on the wall, and got a toy in addition to getting told that the rash was not likely anything to worry about, most likely related to recent cold and fever.  Totally felt like a panicky first time parent, ugh!
Oh, and before I forget, last night we had an epic battle with throw up ..... so bad!  He threw up all over the living room and as I was trying to catch it all in the blanket he turned and got more in me and the couch.  It was so sad to see him feeling so rotten.  As I am cleaning the mess from his body and hair he asks me "Mommy, why did all of my germs come out of me?"  Sweet boy, so glad we were able to comfort him!

One me memory from today.  The doctor walks on and says "hi".  Joseph says " hi, how's your day?"  She was smitten ;)). She proclaimed his her favorite patient ever!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment