Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A milestone

You know how all those great catholic families that have super obedient children in mass and can say all their prayers at 18 months?  Yeah, me neither!  
However I do know that a little boy named Joseph showed us his ability to know how to say his blessing today for lunch WITHOUT any prompting at all.  Matthew and I were making sandwiches and I had just given Joseph his plate to go to the table with and he brought his plate to the table, sat down, did the sign of the cross, asked the blessing over his meal, and ended with his sign of the cross.  Matthew and I just watched from the counter, with huge goofy proud smiles on our faces!  Matthew looked at me and asked "have you been teaching him that?"  I answered him by saying "we have all been teaching him that everyday!"  Such a happy moment to treasure, my favorite part of it all was hearing it all in his sweet voice knowing how happy God must be, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment