Wednesday, December 7, 2011

saint nicholas

For as long as I can remember, I dreamed of having a house full of children. For as long as I can remember, I dreamed of celebrating a holy Christmas season with them. It is a funny, surreal moment when you see your dreams coming true right before your eyes. We spent the evening last night learning more about St. Nicholas and I explained to the older boys that our second child, Nicky, was named after St. Nicholas. It was fun to see the dots come together as I explained to them, while Joseph happily munched on Cheerios, what the true meaning of 'giving' is all about. We had all three boys put their shoes near the Christmas trees in case St. Nicholas passed our way & we were all pleasantly suprised to learn that he made his visit to our home to shower us with blessings and love. I did not get to capture the big boys in a photo, but Joseph had a very happy reaction to our visitor and his cherished gifts! Happy Feast Day, St. Nicholas!

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I always dreamed of celebrating with my kids.

    Btw Joseph has the most beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a great holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great family tradition. I cannot wait for you to enjoy many more St. Nicholas moments with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of wonder on his face!! I can't believe he is growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete